Why plan? That's an important question for a planning skeptic like myself. I'm not at all convinced that conventional public urban planning has much value, despite (or because of?) spending eight years on a city planning commission.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Can Planning Matter?
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)
- The Search for a National Freight Policy (12/2)
- More Boasts from California Contractor Regulators For Wasting Time and Money (11/29)
- Massachusetts State and Municipal Retiree Systems Costly, Underfunded (11/29)
- Innovators in Action (November 2013 edition): Pursuing Fiscal Self-Reliance in Utah (11/27)