Arizona's Senate Bill 1466—which would establish a Florida-style Council on Efficient Government and embrace proven, enterprise-wide best practices in government contracting—passed the full Senate Monday by a 20-9-1 vote. The bill is expected to get a hearing in the House as early as this week. For more details on SB 1466, see the links in my post last week.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Arizona Privatization/Efficiency Board Bill Passes Senate
- Throwing Money at Bridges Will Not Fix the Problem (6/17)
- High-Speed Rail is a Luxury the U.S. Cannot Afford (6/11)
- A Labor Market Mired in Historical Lows is an Unhealthy Labor Market (6/7)
- Sasha Volokh on the Implications of the Louisiana Supreme Court Voucher Ruling (6/5)
- 77 percent of Californians Support Jerry Brown's School Funding Plan: Here Are Three Big Ideas to Make it Better (6/4)