One thing Obama showed an interest in while in Congress was transparency and accountability for government agencies and programs. This column in Government Executive points out a good place for the new President to start on a management agenda, by building from Bush's PART to incoropate the cutting edge objective perfomrance measurement efforts by executives at the state and local level.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
A management agenda item for Obama
- It’s Time to Let the Wind Energy Production Tax Credit Expire (12/12)
- What to Make of Struggling P3 Toll Roads (12/12)
- Alaska Governor Proposes $3 Billion Towards Paying Down Pension Debts (12/12)
- Baltimore City School District Has Come a Long Way since 2007, but There's Still Work to Be Done (12/11)
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges—Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)