One thing Obama showed an interest in while in Congress was transparency and accountability for government agencies and programs. This column in Government Executive points out a good place for the new President to start on a management agenda, by building from Bush's PART to incoropate the cutting edge objective perfomrance measurement efforts by executives at the state and local level.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
A management agenda item for Obama
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)