One thing Obama showed an interest in while in Congress was transparency and accountability for government agencies and programs. This column in Government Executive points out a good place for the new President to start on a management agenda, by building from Bush's PART to incoropate the cutting edge objective perfomrance measurement efforts by executives at the state and local level.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
A management agenda item for Obama
- Throwing Money at Bridges Will Not Fix the Problem (6/17)
- High-Speed Rail is a Luxury the U.S. Cannot Afford (6/11)
- A Labor Market Mired in Historical Lows is an Unhealthy Labor Market (6/7)
- Sasha Volokh on the Implications of the Louisiana Supreme Court Voucher Ruling (6/5)
- 77 percent of Californians Support Jerry Brown's School Funding Plan: Here Are Three Big Ideas to Make it Better (6/4)