- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Skaidra Smith-Heisters is a policy analyst at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets.
Her research is part of Reason's New Environmentalism program, launched by Lynn Scarlett, which develops innovative solutions to environmental problems and emphasizes the benefits of local decisions over Washington's command-and-control regulations.
Smith-Heisters is a graduate of the University of California at Davis program in Nature and Culture. Prior to joining Reason, she worked in habitat restoration, endangered species management and natural resources planning with the California State Parks system.
She has been extensively involved in grassroots journalism and political organizing in San Francisco's North Bay area, where she currently lives.
- Analysis of California's Propositions 7 and 10: Renewable Energy Mandates and Handouts
Policy Brief 75
October 1, 2008
- The Nonviolent Offender Rehabilitation Act: Prison Overcrowding, Parole and Sentencing Reform (Proposition 5)
Policy Brief 74
October 1, 2008
- Illegally Green: Environmental Costs of Hemp Prohibition
March 13, 2008
- Measure 50: Are Tobacco Taxes The Answer To Funding Children's Health Programs?
Policy Brief 65
January 29, 2008
- Sensible Policies for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in Los Angeles
March 1, 2007
- A Bad Idea Gone Too Far
Proposition 86, The Tobacco Tax
Geoffrey Segal and Skaidra Smith-Heisters
October 1, 2006
- Propositions 1E and 84
Funding the State's Water and Flood Control Infrastructure
Skaidra Smith-Heisters and Adam Summers
September 1, 2006
Page 1 of 1
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Web site.