Private vehicle fleet maintenance is widespread amongst local governments, and is becoming more popular with a growing number of states. As county and municipal governments have found, the private sector offers the potential for significant financial savings, improved quality, and greater timeliness of service. As well, the management of a vehicle fleet is a highly commercial activity, well suited for private provision. Outsourcing fleet maintenance services allows the private sector to focus on the fleet itself, and government agencies to focus on the services that fleet provides.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Vehicle Fleet Maintenance/Management Outsourcing Opportunities
How San Diego and other cities can reduce the costs of vehicle fleet maintenance and management services
- Union Negotiations in West Coast Ports Threaten the National Economy (7/25)
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)