- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Steven Titch is a policy analyst at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets.
Titch's work primarily focuses on telecommunications, the Internet and new media. He is a former managing editor of InfoTech & Telecom News (IT&T News) published by the Heartland Institute. His columns have appeared in Investor's Business Daily, Total Telecom, and America's Network, among others.
Prior to joining Reason in 2004, Titch covered the telecommunications industry as a journalist for more than two decades. Titch was director of editorial projects for Data Communications magazine where he directed content development for supplemental publications and special projects. He has also held the positions of editorial director of Telephony, editor of Global Telephony magazine, Midwest bureau chief of CommunicationsWeek, and associate editor-communications at Electronic News.
Outside of the telecom industry, Titch does rich media and content development for publishers and corporate marketing groups. He has also developed and launched his own web-based media, including SecuritySquared.com, an on-line resource for the security industry.
Titch graduated cum laude from Syracuse University with a dual degree in journalism and English.
- Final Thoughts on the FCC-DoJ’s Debacle over AT&T
December 23, 2011, 11:10am
- AT&T Kills T-Mobile Deal as Regulation Turns into Industrial Policy
How the Federal Communications Commission Essentially Pulled the Plug on the Potential AT&T/T-Mobile Merger
December 22, 2011
- Magical Thinking Triumphs at the FCC
November 28, 2011, 12:47pm
- How Players Police Online Gambling
November 15, 2011, 1:26pm
- Rethinking Telecom Regulation from the Ground Up
November 10, 2011, 12:59pm
- Twilight of the "Tech Liberal?"
October 24, 2011, 12:47pm
- Missouri Teachers Facebook Ban Still Awaits Sign-off
October 21, 2011, 1:38pm
- There's Wisdom in the Willingness to Back Down
October 13, 2011, 2:15pm
- Spectrum-or Lack of It-Remains the Problem with AT&T-T-Mobile
September 14, 2011, 4:46pm
- Can Any T-Mobile Buyer Pass an Antitrust Test?
September 12, 2011, 12:28pm
- Scott Cleland's Top 10 Flaws in DOJ's case against AT&T
September 1, 2011, 2:55pm
- AT&T-T-Mobile: I Guess Things Were Going Too Well
August 31, 2011, 1:24pm
- Wireless Changes the Universal Service Equation
August 29, 2011, 11:26am
- A Hale and Hearty Farewell to the Fairness Doctrine
August 24, 2011, 3:43pm
- Right Now, the Law’s on Amazon’s Side
August 9, 2011, 2:31pm
- The Perils of All-You-Can-Eat
July 28, 2011, 1:23pm
- FCC Finds Plenty of Wireless Competition
June 29, 2011, 1:36pm
- Local Government Meets the New Media
June 24, 2011, 1:27pm
- FTC Declares War on Google
June 23, 2011, 2:18pm
- Block Big Brother's Internet Snoops
Online protections against the government's unconstitutional Web searches are needed.
June 1, 2011
- Data in the “Cloud” Needs Fourth Amendment Protection
May 27, 2011, 10:54am
- Yep, the Broadband Stimulus Funded Overbuilds
May 4, 2011, 4:16pm
- Citing "Wrong Door" Cases, Judge Blocks Use of IP Addresses to Identify Individuals
May 3, 2011, 12:05pm
- How Long Before Someone Dies Because of an Unsecured Wireless Router?
April 26, 2011, 11:48am
- White House Takes Wrong Side on Police GPS Tracking
April 25, 2011, 12:24pm
- For The Last Time: The Bell System Monopoly is not Being Rebuilt
April 22, 2011, 11:05am
- Casinos Can’t Beat Online Poker, So They Join It
April 1, 2011, 1:12pm
- How IT Outsourcing Succeeds
March 30, 2011, 12:53pm
- Six Product Flameouts to Haunt Your Dreams
March 25, 2011, 2:31pm
- AT&T, T-Mobile and a Maturing Wireless Industry
March 21, 2011, 12:18pm
- Google Deconstructed
March 11, 2011, 12:44pm
- Free the Toll-Free Numbers
March 2, 2011, 2:52pm
- The Reluctant Regulator
What does FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski Really Think About Net Neutrality?
March 1, 2011
- APR Telecom Section Released
March 1, 2011, 12:16pm
- The Year 2010 in IT Outsourcing, Network Neutrality, and Federal Broadband
Telecommunications Chapter of Annual Privatization Report 2010
Steven Titch and Leonard Gilroy
February 25, 2011
- Wireless Taxes and Fees Keep Rising
February 16, 2011, 3:33pm
- Some Sense on Sexting
February 10, 2011, 12:20pm
- The Regulated Internet: How We Got Here
February 10, 2011, 10:36am
- Gen. Barry McCaffrey on Tolls, VMT Charges and PPPs
January 20, 2011, 5:21pm
- Network Neutrality Backlash
January 14, 2011, 1:52pm
- Is Tron: Legacy a Comment on the Futility of Techno-Progressivism?
January 10, 2011, 4:51pm
- Explain That Intel Monopoly Again?
January 6, 2011, 2:46pm
- The Era of Internet Regulation Begins
December 21, 2010, 4:01pm
- Net Neutrality Plan Looks Like Internet Regulation for Regulation’s Sake
Genuine fears of derailing the technology sector have reduced the FCC to hedging on regulations for their own sake
December 13, 2010
- Netflix Blows It All Up
November 23, 2010, 2:18pm
- Curtains for Net Neurality legislation?
November 5, 2010, 11:23am
- Facebook Was the ‘Next Google’
October 5, 2010, 5:47pm
- Net Neutrality’s Declare-Victory-And-Go-Home-Moment?
September 29, 2010, 10:20am
- Just Plain iAWFUL
September 9, 2010, 3:36pm
- Some Early Takeways from the Verizon-Google Net Neutrality Proposal
August 10, 2010, 4:01pm
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email email@example.com if you have questions about this Web site.