- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
- Reason Magazine
- Reason-Rupe Poll
- Air Traffic E-Newsletter
- Airport Policy E-Newsletter
- Annual Highway Report
- Annual Privatization Report
- Court Briefs
- Innovators in Action
- Policy Studies
- Privatization Newsletter
- Pension Reform Newsletter
- Reason Alert E-Newsletter
- Transportation E-Newsletter
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Adrian Moore, Ph.D., is vice president of policy at Reason Foundation, a non-profit think tank advancing free minds and free markets. Moore leads Reason's policy implementation efforts and conducts his own research on topics such as privatization, government and regulatory reform, air quality, transportation and urban growth, prisons and utilities.
Moore, who has testified before Congress on several occasions, regularly advises federal, state and local officials on ways to streamline government and reduce costs.
In 2008 and 2009, Moore served on Congress' National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission. The commission offered "specific recommendations for increasing investment in transportation infrastructure while at the same time moving the Federal Government away from reliance on motor fuel taxes toward more direct fees charged to transportation infrastructure users." Since 2009 he has served on California's Public Infrastructure Advisory Commission.
Mr. Moore is co-author of the book Mobility First: A New Vision for Transportation in a Globally Competitive 21st Century (Rowman & Littlefield, 2008). Texas Gov. Rick Perry said, "Speaking from our experiences in Texas, Sam Staley and Adrian Moore get it right in Mobility First." World Bank urban planner Alain Bartaud called it "a must read for urban managers of large cities in the United States and around the world."
Moore is also co-author of Curb Rights: A Foundation for Free Enterprise in Urban Transit, published in 1997 by the Brookings Institution Press, as well as dozens of policy studies. His work has been published in the Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Houston Chronicle, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Orange County Register, as well as in, Public Policy and Management, Transportation Research Part A, Urban Affairs Review, Economic Affairs, and numerous other publications.
In 2002, Moore was awarded a World Outsourcing Achievement Award by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Michael F. Corbett & Associates Ltd. for his work showing governments how to use public-private partnerships and the private sector to save taxpayer money and improve the efficiency of their agencies.
Prior to joining Reason, Moore served 10 years in the Army on active duty and reserves. As an noncommissioned officer he was accepted to Officers Candidate School and commissioned as an Infantry officer. He served in posts in the United States and Germany and left the military as a Captain after commanding a Heavy Material Supply company.
Mr. Moore earned a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of California, Irvine. He holds a Master's in Economics from the University of California, Irvine and a Master's in History from California State University, Chico.
- Oh, To Be a Government Worker . . .
June 24, 2010, 6:22pm
- Extra Taxes From Each Taxpayer to Erase the Deficit
June 22, 2010, 11:00am
- Bad News From Survey of Economic Literacy
June 8, 2010, 1:19pm
- California's Hidden Deficit Keeps Growing
May 23, 2010, 11:56am
- Vat's Next? A Review of Possible Tax Increases
May 18, 2010, 11:19am
- OMG California Now 8th Most Likely Economy to Default
May 13, 2010, 12:37pm
- Net Neutrality Advocates Get Silly
May 13, 2010, 10:35am
- CA Will Probably Vote in November to Fix Loophole in Tax Votes
May 11, 2010, 3:19pm
- The Future of Rail in California and Los Angeles?
May 6, 2010, 8:03pm
- Compostion of California's Population Growth
May 3, 2010, 6:55pm
- 12 of 20 Most Economically Stressed Counties are in CA. Hmmmmmm
May 3, 2010, 1:49pm
- Countdown to Higher Costs in San Diego
April 29, 2010, 3:13pm
- 53% Oppose Regulation of Internet
April 16, 2010, 10:27am
- State Lawmakers Reining In Runaway Pensions for State Workers
March 27, 2010, 6:03pm
- CA Will Vote on Legalizing Marijuana
March 27, 2010, 4:41pm
- Stimulus Saves Government Jobs!
March 2, 2010, 3:45pm
- Federal Transportation Department Shuts Down
March 2, 2010, 11:06am
- Will Gun Rights Get a Big Boost?
February 27, 2010, 10:19pm
- New Orleans Schools Creative Destruction
February 27, 2010, 10:10pm
- Illegal Immigrants and Crime
February 18, 2010, 6:58pm
- Where Privatization Needs to Be Improved
February 13, 2010, 2:26pm
- CNN Looks at Government Pension Crisis
February 13, 2010, 12:11pm
- The Right's Top 25 Journalists
February 11, 2010, 5:12pm
- Transit's Dependency on Cars
February 11, 2010, 3:19pm
- Transit Won't Save Detroit. High Speed Trains Won't Save the US
February 10, 2010, 2:29pm
- Data Still Show No Signs That Stimulus is Working
February 9, 2010, 8:02pm
- How Fast Will Those Trains Go?
February 1, 2010, 9:56am
- Can We Imagine a Dispersed Future?
January 31, 2010, 1:08pm
- Banning Cell Phones While Driving Does NOT Reduce Accidents
January 30, 2010, 2:02pm
- Obama's Jobs Program Success
January 28, 2010, 3:27pm
- "Jobs Bill" Porkasaurus
January 28, 2010, 2:05pm
- Remember Electricity Deregulation? In Texas, it is Still Working.
January 28, 2010, 1:07pm
- TSA’s Airport Security Is Always a Step Behind
How a risk-based approach would focus resources on terrorists trying to bring down planes
January 27, 2010
- Asset Forfeiture is Out of Control
January 26, 2010, 7:58pm
- Virginia is For (Liquor) Lovers!
January 26, 2010, 1:53pm
- Public Employee Unions Are Sinking California
January 26, 2010, 12:21pm
- Housing, depressions and credit collapses
January 26, 2010, 11:44am
- Will Welfare Reform Play in the CA Governor's Race?
January 25, 2010, 7:19pm
- Calling BS on California High Speed Rail
January 25, 2010, 2:13pm
- Can We Cut Back on the Ludicrous in High Speed Rail Projections?
January 18, 2010, 6:42pm
- We're The TSA and You Can Count on Us!
January 7, 2010, 8:43pm
- Obama Settles for a Field Goal on National Security
January 7, 2010, 7:55pm
- How Israel Screens for Terrorists
January 6, 2010, 9:04pm
- Unionize Airport Security? Yeah, That Will Help . . .
January 5, 2010, 7:07pm
- Laughing at US Airport Security
January 4, 2010, 11:50am
- Who is Watching the Watchmen?
January 2, 2010, 7:07am
- Fixing Airport Security--Not More, but Better
December 31, 2009, 6:19pm
- State Revenues Continue to Fall
December 31, 2009, 1:20pm
- How CA Legislators Spend Their Time (Hint--NOT on the Budget)
December 31, 2009, 12:32pm
- Is the Healthcare Bill Unconstitutional?
December 28, 2009, 1:01pm
©2014 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email email@example.com if you have questions about this Web site.