- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Shikha Dalmia is a senior policy analyst at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets.
Dalmia is a Bloomberg View contributor, a columnist at the Washington Examiner, and writes regularly for Reason magazine. She is also a frequent contributor to the op-ed pages of The Wall Street Journal and numerous other publications such as the Los Angeles Times, New York Post, The Weekly Standard, Business Week, San Francisco Chronicle, and the Chicago Tribune. She previously served as a columnist for Forbes.
Dalmia was co-winner of the first 2009 Bastiat Prize for Online Journalism for her columns in Forbes and Reason.
From 1996 to 2004, Dalmia was as an award-winning editorial writer at the Detroit News, covering a variety of policy issues, including the environment, immigration, Social Security, welfare reform, health care and foreign policy. She also worked as a reporter for the Patriot, a national daily newspaper based in New Delhi, India, where she grew up and earned her B.S. degree in chemistry and biology from the University of Delhi.
Dalmia frequenlty appears on Fox Business Network and other television and radio outlets.
Dalmia, who taught news writing courses at Michigan State University, earned a Master's degree in mass communication from Louisiana State University. She also holds a post graduate diploma in journalism from the Indian Institute of Mass Communications.
She lives in the Detroit area with her husband and son.
- Wither to Conservatism?
May 27, 2009, 11:16pm
- Fun Facts about the Obama Budget
May 25, 2009, 11:27am
- Who Will Bailout Uncle Sam?
May 21, 2009, 7:42pm
- Conservatives Need to Accept Liberty Not Just in Name But Also In Attitude
May 20, 2009, 3:19pm
- Dear GOP: Please Choose Liberty
Even non-Republicans need a strong opposition
May 20, 2009
- Health Care Quackery: Round 2 on Tierney Lab
May 8, 2009, 12:16pm
- Contrary to Claims, Government-Run Health Care Won't Reduce Costs or Boost Economy
May 6, 2009, 10:20am
- The Economic Impact of President Obama's Health Care Tactics
No major industrialized economy with universal health care has performed better than the U.S. in the last decade
May 6, 2009
- Spring Madness on Global Warming
May 5, 2009, 5:40pm
- White House's New Political Consultant: Elliot Spitzer!
May 4, 2009, 12:36pm
- Obama to UAW: XOXOXO.............
May 4, 2009, 1:16am
- Obama's Sweet Surrender to the UAW
April 29, 2009, 4:45pm
- University of California System's Fishy New Admissions Policies
April 28, 2009, 9:16pm
- Address as Education Destiny
April 22, 2009, 2:22pm
- President Obama Fails the Kids in the DC Voucher Program
Ignoring the program's big successes, Congress and Obama pay off the teachers' unions
April 20, 2009
- Obama on Education: Separate and Unequal
April 13, 2009, 4:31pm
- Immigrants to America: Keep Your H1-Bs
April 10, 2009, 12:08pm
- Medical Rationing Masquerading as Quality Care
April 9, 2009, 11:12am
- The French Patient
April 6, 2009, 9:59pm
- Checking Out Card Check
April 4, 2009, 12:28pm
- GM Should File For Bankruptcy ASAP
April 2, 2009, 1:34am
- GM Should Run To Bankruptcy Court
By avoiding bankruptcy, GM only risks trading union demands for federal tyranny
April 2, 2009
- Is India Really Immune to the Global Slowdown?
April 1, 2009, 4:49pm
- India's Faulty Exceptionalism
India isn't suffering during this global slowdown, but needs more openness to trade
April 1, 2009
- Grab Your Wallets: Another Auto Bailout Cometh
March 25, 2009, 9:20pm
- Bipolar Bad News for Global Warming Alarmists
March 23, 2009, 10:14pm
- Goodbye Chang, So Long Singh
America's real immigration problem will soon be returning emigres
March 23, 2009
- Immigrants Have Never Been Less Interested in America
Much-needed, highly-skilled immigrants are returning to their home countries
March 23, 2009
- Taxation by Mis-Representation
March 21, 2009, 5:26pm
- Massachusetts Health Care Experiment: Right Questions, Wrong Answers
March 20, 2009, 1:33pm
- The Great Union Debate
Card check: unions' salvation?
February 6, 2009
- Government Intervention Might Delay the Economic Recovery
Every recession contains the seeds of its own regeneration
February 4, 2009
- Detroit Bets Its Future on Washington
Carmakers seek to please Congress instead of customers
Shikha Dalmia and Henry Payne
January 24, 2009
- Merry Christmas Chrysler
December 18, 2008, 8:39am
- A Good Deal For Big Three Workers
Compared with Japanese counterparts, they pay less for health care
December 17, 2008
- How Unions Stop The Cars
Big Labor is a big problem for automakers' survival
December 12, 2008
- Arming India Against Terrorism
Relaxing gun control laws would be a good start
December 11, 2008
- It's 65 Million B.C. for the Detroit Three
Why use taxpayer money to postpone the inevitable?
December 2, 2008
- President-elect Obama's Budget Problems
Cure the economy or tackle climate change
November 26, 2008
- Daschle for Health: Another Bottom of the Barrel
November 18, 2008, 3:44pm
- Obama's Cabinet: Part Two
Best and worst candidates for Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense and Attorney General
November 18, 2008
- Eric Holder for AG? Civilian Libertarians Should Shudder
November 17, 2008, 2:14pm
- Obama's Cabinet: Part Three
Picking Secretaries of Commerce, Energy, and Health and Human Services
November 17, 2008
- Obama's Cabinet: Hoping for an Empirical Presidency
Looking at the best and worst picks from a libertarian perspective
November 17, 2008
- Jennifer Granholm: Neither Change -- Nor What We Need
November 5, 2008, 3:47pm
- A Toke for Liberty
November 4, 2008, 7:24am
- Please, Jacob -- Obama is no Adam Smith
November 3, 2008, 12:07pm
- Obama and Big Labor
Allowing unions to do away with secret ballots
October 29, 2008
- The (Carbon) Tax Man Cometh
October 19, 2008, 7:57pm
- Universal Preschool Hasn't Delivered Results
Study after study shows no long-term gains for kids who attend universal preschool
Shikha Dalmia and Lisa Snell
October 17, 2008
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Web site.