When the CA legislature voted itself a hefty pay raise earlier this year, a number of legislators loudly proclaimed they would not take the raise. Then, once the stink died down, they went back and accepted the raise. My favorites are the weasels who did it after it could not effect the election.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Politicos weasel on pay raises
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)