When the CA legislature voted itself a hefty pay raise earlier this year, a number of legislators loudly proclaimed they would not take the raise. Then, once the stink died down, they went back and accepted the raise. My favorites are the weasels who did it after it could not effect the election.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Politicos weasel on pay raises
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)