San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, said on Monday he considered wireless Internet access a fundamental right of all citizens. Going so far as to suggest "This is a civil rights issue as much as anything else."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Newsom Wants to Add Internet Access to the Constitution
- It’s Time to Let the Wind Energy PTC Expire (12/12)
- What to Make of Struggling P3 Toll Roads (12/12)
- Alaska Governor Proposes $3 Billion Towards Paying Down Pension Debts (12/12)
- Baltimore City School District Has Come a Long Way since 2007, but There's Still Work to Be Done (12/11)
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges—Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)