This article in the the St. Louis Federal Reserve Review explores the question. It is an interesting, nay depressing, analysis. Sure, you can change some assumptions and get some different conlcusions. The one thing you can't really assume away is that we are on an inevitable collision course with either dramatic spending cuts (yay!) or dramatic tax increases (boo!).
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Is the US Bankrupt?
- Reducing BAC from .08 to .05 Will Not Significantly Reduce Drunk Driving (5/24)
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient and Functionally Obsolete Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)