This article in the the St. Louis Federal Reserve Review explores the question. It is an interesting, nay depressing, analysis. Sure, you can change some assumptions and get some different conlcusions. The one thing you can't really assume away is that we are on an inevitable collision course with either dramatic spending cuts (yay!) or dramatic tax increases (boo!).
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Is the US Bankrupt?
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
- New Landowner-friendly Endangered Species Policy: Not so New, Not so Friendly (7/22)