1.1 million signatures were turned in to qualify an initiative for the November ballot that would close the loophole allowing some tax increases in CA to pass with only a majority vote. Read more here.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
CA Will Probably Vote in November to Fix Loophole in Tax Votes
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
- New Landowner-friendly Endangered Species Policy: Not so New, Not so Friendly (7/22)