Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Annual Privatization Reports
- Annual Privatization Report 2014
Privatization trends in local, state and federal government, plus roads, highways, aviation, education, telecom and more
March 19, 2014
Reason's team of policy analysts, who have recently advised the Bush administration, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, and Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, among others, bring you the latest outsourcing and privatization news and commentary in Privatization Watch. Members of the media interested in receiving Privatization Watch should contact Chris Mitchell. All other inquiries should be directed to Privatization Watch Editor Leonard Gilroy at (310) 391-2245.
- Privatization Watch: Vol. 32, No. 3
Focus on Education
December 31, 2009
- Privatization Watch: Vol. 32, No. 2
Focus on the Bailout and Recession
April 26, 2009
- Privatization Watch: Vol. 32, No. 1
Focus on State and Local Privatization
February 1, 2009
- State of Louisiana v. Bernard Noble
Excessive sentence of 13.3 years in prison for possession of small amount of marijuana should be reviewed
April 17, 2014
- Susan B. Anthony List, Et Al. v. Steven Driehaus, Et Al.
Ohio's false-political-speech law violates first amendment
March 10, 2014
- Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. and Conestoga Wood Specialties Corp. v. Sebelius
For-profit business corporations can and often do exercise freedom of religion
January 28, 2014
- Rethinking Federal Policy on Transportation Infrastructure
Testimony before the Joint Economic Committee on infrastructure financing
August 1, 2013
- Federal Government Should Not Bail Out State Pension Systems
Testimony to the California Assembly Committee on Banking and Finance on AJR 10
June 30, 2013
- State of the Highway Trust Fund: Long-Term Solutions for Solvency
Testimony to the Committee on the Budget in the U.S. House of Representatives
April 25, 2013
Innovators in Action
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)
Latest From Reason
Johnny Depp and Rebecca Hall in a low-key digital love story.
Glenn Miller's long trail of bigotry and violence is not an argument for censoring speech—or for spying on people who have done nothing more than say ugly things.
Philip K. Howard, "The Rule of Nobody," and how technocracy is strangling the future.
The stark fact is that Ukraine is not a place over which the U.S. and NATO should be ready to go to war, and nothing short of going to war will change its fate.