Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Annual Privatization Reports
- Annual Privatization Report 2014
Privatization trends in local, state and federal government, plus roads, highways, aviation, education, telecom and more
June 23, 2014
Reason's team of policy analysts, who have recently advised the Bush administration, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, and Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, among others, bring you the latest outsourcing and privatization news and commentary in Privatization Watch. Members of the media interested in receiving Privatization Watch should contact Chris Mitchell. All other inquiries should be directed to Privatization Watch Editor Leonard Gilroy at (310) 391-2245.
- Privatization Watch: Vol. 32, No. 3
Focus on Education
December 31, 2009
- Privatization Watch: Vol. 32, No. 2
Focus on the Bailout and Recession
April 26, 2009
- Privatization Watch: Vol. 32, No. 1
Focus on State and Local Privatization
February 1, 2009
- Minority Television Project, Inc. v. Federal Communication Commission and United States of America
All mediums of expression should be afforded the same level of First Amendment protection with respect to content-based restrictions
April 23, 2014
- State of Louisiana v. Bernard Noble
Excessive sentence of 13.3 years in prison for possession of small amount of marijuana should be reviewed
April 17, 2014
- Susan B. Anthony List, Et Al. v. Steven Driehaus, Et Al.
Ohio's false-political-speech law violates first amendment
March 10, 2014
- Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. and Conestoga Wood Specialties Corp. v. Sebelius
For-profit business corporations can and often do exercise freedom of religion
January 28, 2014
- Rethinking Federal Policy on Transportation Infrastructure
Testimony before the Joint Economic Committee on infrastructure financing
August 1, 2013
- Federal Government Should Not Bail Out State Pension Systems
Testimony to the California Assembly Committee on Banking and Finance on AJR 10
June 30, 2013
- State of the Highway Trust Fund: Long-Term Solutions for Solvency
Testimony to the Committee on the Budget in the U.S. House of Representatives
April 25, 2013
Innovators in Action
- Union Negotiations in West Coast Ports Threaten the National Economy (7/25)
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
Latest From Reason
It's time for our foreign policy to return to first principles.
Welcoming our new robot chauffeurs
Initiatives on the ballot this year could legalize marijuana in Alaska, Oregon, and the nation's capital.
In practice, our interventions often exact a terribly high price for a dismal result.
She cared about land reform, peace, and social justice, not unlike libertarians of her time