Reason Weekend 2016 will be held March 12 – 15, 2015 at the The Biltmore Four Seasons Resort in Santa Barbara, California, and you will want to be there!
At Reason Weekend, you’ll get the inside scoop on the future of liberty from Reason’s nationally-recognized policy analysts and award-winning journalists. You’ll also hear from some of the libertarian movement’s most exciting guest speakers, including:
- Edward Blum, whose Project for Fair Representation is challenging racially gerrymandered voting districts, and race-based school admissions and public contracting programs throughout the nation.
- Evolutionary psychologists Leda Cosmides and John Tooby, who will discuss our “stone age minds”—which are very good at simple tasks like detecting lies, attracting mates and avoiding predators, but are ill-equipped for the complexities of our market-based society.
- Reason Senior Editor Damon Root, whose new book Overruled: The Long War for Control of the U.S. Supreme Court is winning raves for its discussion of the complexities of judicial activism and judicial restraint.
Reason Weekend is an opportunity for our supporters to ask Reason’s senior staff questions about their recent work. It’s been an amazing year of growth and change, and Reason’s message of free minds and free markets is resonating with larger and more influential audiences. So come and talk with:
- Reason Editor-in-Chief Matt Welch and Reason.com’s Nick Gillespie on the libertarian moment.
- Vice President of Policy Adrian Moore on public sector pension reform.
- Vice President of Research Julian Morris on endangered species.
That’s all just a tease, of course. There’s so much more to discuss, and your participation will make the conversation even more interesting.
A preliminary schedule of events to help you plan your travel can be viewed online here. More detail will be available shortly.
Reason Weekend is an annual event open to members of Reason’s exclusive Torchbearer Society. To find out how your support of free minds and free markets can qualify you for membership, please visit www.reason.org/donate.
Join Reason March 12 – 15 for a memorable weekend of outstanding speakers and great conversation in Santa Barbara!
More information will be available shortly. Please direct questions to Jennifer Kambara at email@example.com or (310) 740-8576.