Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Studies by Title
- Health and Social Services in the Post-Welfare State
Are Vouchers the Answer?
John Hall and William D. Eggers
August 1, 1995
- How to Commercialize Air Traffic Control
February 1, 2001
- How to Privatize Orange County's Airports
August 1, 1995
- How to Spin Off Air Traffic Control
August 1, 1993
- How Government Building Codes and Construction Standards Discourage Recycling
March 1, 1996
- Housing Supply and Affordability
Do Affordable Housing Mandates Work?
Benjamin Powell and Edward Stringham
April 1, 2004
- HOT Networks
A New Plan for Congestion Relief and Better Transit
Robert Poole and C. Kenneth Orski
February 1, 2003
- How to "Build Our Way Out of Congestion"
Innovative Approaches to Expanding Urban Highway Capacity
January 1, 1999
- High Occupancy Toll Lanes
Phasing in Congestion Pricing a Lane at a Time
Gordon J. Fielding and Daniel B. Klein
November 1, 1993
- How to Fix California's Public Pension Crisis
How the state's public pension system broke and how to fix it
June 3, 2010
- How the IPCC Reports Mislead the Public, Exaggerate the Negative Impacts of Climate Change and Ignore the Benefits of Economic Growth
Study finds climate change panel ignores its own findings and pushes plans that will prolong poverty for developing nations
Indur M. Goklany and Julian Morris
December 7, 2011
- High-Speed Rail in Europe and Asia: Lessons for the United States
The evidence suggests that high-speed railís limited success in Europe and Asia is not transferrable to the U.S.
May 30, 2013
- How Green Is that Grocery Bag Ban?
An assessment of the environmental and economic effects of grocery bag bans and taxes
Julian Morris and Brian Seasholes
June 18, 2014
In poll after poll, Americans reject policies that might put U.S. troops in harm's way.
The romantic, popular conception of the city bears increasingly little resemblance to Los Angeles today.
Vaguely written laws give federal prosecutors the power to target hackers at will.