In the wake of the Supreme Court's Kelo vs. New London decision, state and local governments are taking action to restrict the use of eminent domain for economic development purposes. To assist elected officials in these efforts, Reason Foundation has made available a variety of tools that can serve as a starting point toward eminent domain reform. Based upon the Institute for Justice's model eminent domain legislation, these documents offer sample legislation and resolutions to curb eminent domain abuse, while also allowing public-private partnerships to thrive.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Restricting Eminent Domain
Model State Statutory Language & Local Ordinance/Charter Provision
- Reducing BAC from .08 to .05 Will Not Significantly Reduce Drunk Driving (5/24)
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient and Functionally Obsolete Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
Latest From Reason
Wisconsin dairy farmer voted not guilty on three out of four charges.
The corporatist status quo and Western condescension are toxic.