Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
- Significant Evidence that Prison Privatization Improves Quality
Testimony to Commission on Safety and Abuse in America's Prisons
November 2, 2005
- Massachusetts' Misguided Attempt to Ban Water Privatization
Testimony to Massachusetts Joint Committee on Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture
October 25, 2005
- Contracting Out Forces Prisons to Focus on Results, Peformance
Testimony to Utah Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Interim Committee
September 21, 2005
- Kelo, Eminent Domain, and Government Discretion
Testimony to Indiana's Interim Study Committee on Eminent Domain
August 10, 2005
- Improving Management of the Aviation Security Workforce
Testimony before U.S. House Homeland Security subcommittee
July 28, 2005
- The Role of Public-Private Partnerships in California's Transportation Future
Projects funded by tolls could add highway capacity that would not otherwise be built
May 17, 2005
- Union Negotiations in West Coast Ports Threaten the National Economy (7/25)
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
Latest From Reason
In practice, our interventions often exact a terribly high price for a dismal result.
She cared about land reform, peace, and social justice, not unlike libertarians of her time
Long delays and legal maladministration are further reason to dump capital punishment.
Obesity rates may be leveling off or even falling.