Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Foundation News Releases
- 77 Percent of Americans Oppose Raising the Gas Tax, Reason-Rupe Transportation Poll Finds
Poll finds a majority of voters support tolls over taxes to pay for roads and favor using public-private partnerships to build critical infrastructure
December 20, 2011
- Banks Viewed Twice as Favorably as the Federal Government, Reason-Rupe Poll Finds
Survey examines how Ron Paul, Sarah Palin, Michael Bloomberg and Gary Johnson could do as third-party presidential candidates and asks Americans which federal agencies they’d cut
December 20, 2011
- How the IPCC Reports Mislead the Public, Exaggerate the Negative Impacts of Climate Change and Ignore the Benefits of Economic Growth
Study finds climate change panel ignores its own findings and pushes plans that will prolong poverty for developing nations
December 7, 2011
- Extreme Weather Events Are Killing Fewer People Than Ever Before
The worldwide death rate from weather happenings has dropped over 98 percent since the 1920s
September 22, 2011
- Reason-Rupe Poll: 55 Percent of Americans Say We’ve Given Up Too Much Freedom and Privacy in the Name of Security Since 9/11
Just 19 percent believe leaving troops in Afghanistan makes us safer; 62 percent say the war in Iraq hasn’t been worth it; and 61 percent say U.S. uses its military too often in foreign conflicts
September 1, 2011
- New Reason-Rupe Poll: 57 Percent of Americans Say Spending Cuts Will Help the Economy
Nearly 69 percent of taxpayers expect their taxes to go up in the next five years and 62 percent think Congress will spend tax increases on new programs instead of paying down debt
August 30, 2011
- New Reason-Rupe Poll: Just 14 Percent Approve of the Way Congress Is Doing Its Job
Seventy-three percent of voters are open to third-party presidential candidate
August 25, 2011
- Study: Time to Eliminate the Mortgage Interest Deduction
Removing homeowner subsidies would allow everyone’s income tax rates to be lowered
July 28, 2011
- Cutting the Debt Is Important to 96 Percent of Americans and 74 Percent Want a Government Spending Cap
Tired of red ink and politics as usual, 80 percent say they’d consider voting for a third-party or independent presidential candidate in 2012
May 3, 2011
- Tampa to Orlando High-Speed Rail Could Cost $3 Billion More Than Expected
Comparisons to California and other rail projects suggest rail system will cost Florida taxpayers much more than $280 million
January 6, 2011
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)
Latest From Reason
The author of The Da Vinci Code has a new tale to tell.
Two new books ask whether our ancestors were right about food, sex, war, and trade.
Your spare bedroom is not your own.
Government has evolved a variety of sophisticated survival strategies.
The bipartisan abuse of recess appointments flouts the Constitution's checks and balances.