Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Foundationís Pension Reform Webinars
An ominous storm cloud is gathering across the horizon as American governments try to pay for the lucrative pension promises made to their employees. And these clouds are not just over a few skies. They are virtually everywhere. Many government employee pension systems across the nation are in crisis. It is time for you to find out how you can implement reforms that will ensure sustainable pension systems for your government employees and possibly save your jurisdiction from impending fiscal disaster.
We Invite You to an Important and Educational Webinar
The Reason Foundation invites you to join us for one of four free webinars to discuss how you can effectively implement pension reform. These webinars are designed to share with you timely information and experiences from former and current public officials who have successfully navigated the pension reform process in various places across the country. Additionally, we will show you how to get help if you implement pension reform in your jurisdiction.
The expert panel on the webinar will include, among others:
- The Honorable Carl DeMaio – Author of the San Diego Pension Reform Initiative and served on the San Diego City Council from 2008-2012.
- The Honorable Pete Constant – San José City Councilmember whose leadership led to major pension reforms on the June 2012 ballot for the city.
- The Honorable Dan Liljenquist – Former Utah State Senator who led the state's groundbreaking overhaul of its pension system.
- Dr. Adrian Moore – Vice President of Policy at the Reason Foundation and manager of their policy implementation efforts on various issues, including pension reform.
- Josh McGee – Vice President of the Laura and John Arnold Foundation and leader of their public policy work on pension reform.
To provide you the best option for your schedule, we are hosting four substantively similar webinars on the following dates. Participation is FREE.
- Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET
- Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:00 am ET
- Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 12:30 pm ET
- Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at 3:30 pm ET
We encourage you to register now for the webinar of your choice.
If you have any questions about Reason Foundation’s efforts on pension reform or the upcoming webinars, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- California 2014 High Speed Rail Business Plan Is Off Track (3/6)
- The Intentionally Unrealistic FY2015 Budget (3/4)
- Shallal's Top-Down Plan for D.C. Schools Hurts Parent Choice (3/3)
- Richmond CARES? (3/2)
- Government Could Improve the Development of Vehicle to Vehicle Communication by Getting Out of the Way (2/27)
Latest From Reason
The GOP should be thinking up ways to cut taxes, not raise them.
By creating a new right in actors’ performances, this case may make any number of works unavailable at the behest of actors.
The busybodies know what’s in your best interest.
The International Narcotics Control Board stands athwart reform, yelling, "Stop!" Is anyone listening?
Experts are divided into two groups: those who think sanctions usually fail and those who think they almost always fail.