Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Surface Transportation Innovations Newsletter
Reason Foundation's Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter examines and analyzes the latest news on traffic congestion solutions, road funding and infrastructure investement, toll lanes, transit and more.
If you would like to receive the Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter via email, please send an email with your contact information to Robert Poole, Reason's director of transportation studies.
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #121
Tolls are not taxes, says Virginia Supreme Court, Debut of new version of Commuting in America, Searching for a national freight policy
November 21, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #120
Priced managed lanes are proliferating, Making sense out of autonomous vehicle claims, Should fuel taxes be replaced by sales taxes
October 14, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #119
Reconstructing the Interstates with toll finance, Continued debate over traffic growth, Harbor tax reform worse than the status quo, and More...
September 12, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #118
Populist attack on tolling in Virginia, TIFIA and project bankruptcy, Express lane projects gaining traffic, and More...
August 13, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #117
TIFIA troubles and Delaney's proposal, Oregon's new mileage-based user fee, New "Buy America" rules holding up projects and More...
July 17, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #116
VMT growth and the Millennials, Whither autonomous vehicles?, I-5 bridge collapse highlights flawed system
June 12, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #115
Access to jobs via auto, Inside the transit "black box," and More
May 10, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #114
Conflicting reports on California high-speed rail, rethinking the federal role
April 17, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #113
Congestion problems, Amtrak's future, Repeal the Jones Act?
March 14, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #112
Highways and bridges are not crumbling, fixing structurally deficient bridges
February 21, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #111
Virginia P3 program at risk? MAP-21's contradiction, Tolls finance bridge projects, Federal transportation policy
January 10, 2013
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)
Education myths can be pervasive and costly.
Excessive nationalism threatens the country's potential.
Doubling the minimum wage for fast-food workers is delusional and counterproductive.
Wall Street Journal review of the new book, The Cure in the Code, by Peter Huber
Missing out on the newest Newsletters? Keep track using our RSS feed, and you'll never skip a beat.