Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Surface Transportation Innovations Newsletter
Reason Foundation's Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter examines and analyzes the latest news on traffic congestion solutions, road funding and infrastructure investement, toll lanes, transit and more.
If you would like to receive the Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter via email, please send an email with your contact information to Robert Poole, Reason's director of transportation studies.
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #122
US congestion less than in Europe and Australia, Managed lane networks taking shape, Competing bills on infrastructure finance
December 11, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #121
Tolls are not taxes, says Virginia Supreme Court, Debut of new version of Commuting in America, Searching for a national freight policy
November 21, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #120
Priced managed lanes are proliferating, Making sense out of autonomous vehicle claims, Should fuel taxes be replaced by sales taxes
October 14, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #119
Reconstructing the Interstates with toll finance, Continued debate over traffic growth, Harbor tax reform worse than the status quo, and More...
September 12, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #118
Populist attack on tolling in Virginia, TIFIA and project bankruptcy, Express lane projects gaining traffic, and More...
August 13, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #117
TIFIA troubles and Delaney's proposal, Oregon's new mileage-based user fee, New "Buy America" rules holding up projects and More...
July 17, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #116
VMT growth and the Millennials, Whither autonomous vehicles?, I-5 bridge collapse highlights flawed system
June 12, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #115
Access to jobs via auto, Inside the transit "black box," and More
May 10, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #114
Conflicting reports on California high-speed rail, rethinking the federal role
April 17, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #113
Congestion problems, Amtrak's future, Repeal the Jones Act?
March 14, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #112
Highways and bridges are not crumbling, fixing structurally deficient bridges
February 21, 2013
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #111
Virginia P3 program at risk? MAP-21's contradiction, Tolls finance bridge projects, Federal transportation policy
January 10, 2013
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)
Glenn Miller's long trail of bigotry and violence is not an argument for censoring speech—or for spying on people who have done nothing more than say ugly things.
Philip K. Howard, "The Rule of Nobody," and how technocracy is strangling the future.
The stark fact is that Ukraine is not a place over which the U.S. and NATO should be ready to go to war, and nothing short of going to war will change its fate.
Intelligence analyst William Binney's revelations preceded Edward Snowden's by more than decade. Why didn't anyone listen?
Missing out on the newest Newsletters? Keep track using our RSS feed, and you'll never skip a beat.