Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Surface Transportation Innovations Newsletter
Reason Foundation's Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter examines and analyzes the latest news on traffic congestion solutions, road funding and infrastructure investement, toll lanes, transit and more.
If you would like to receive the Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter via email, please send an email with your contact information to Robert Poole, Reason's director of transportation studies.
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #110
User fees, Highway leases, HOV and HOT lanes, Activity bonds, Housing and land use
December 12, 2012
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #109
Florida toll lanes, managed lanes, transportation ballot measures
November 14, 2012
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #108
Coping with Less, Managed Arterials, Autonomous Vehicles, and More
October 16, 2012
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #107
How NOT to rebuild interstates, self-driving cars, 3 private rail projects
September 19, 2012
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #106
Expanded TIFIA pros and cons, milking cash-cow toll roads
August 9, 2012
- Surface Transportation Newsletter #105
What reauthorization means for tolling and PPPs; Private high-speed rail investment?
July 18, 2012
- Surface Transportation Innovations #104
How to increase transit ridership, Inefficiencies with electric cars, Managed lanes projects break new ground
June 14, 2012
- Surface Transportation Innovations #103
Bingaman anti-PPP battle continues, California high-speed rail under fire again
May 15, 2012
- Surface Transportation Innovations #102
Urban highway tunnels, Senate puts tolling and PPPs at risk
April 11, 2012
- Surface Transportation Innovations #101
Crunch time for Interstate tolling, Transit advocates shoot themselves in the foot, Congestionís impact on urban economies
March 9, 2012
- Surface Transportation Innovations #100
Preserving the Highway Trust Fund, Progress on bus rapid transit, MTC's response on benefit-cost analysis
February 9, 2012
- Surface Transportation Innovations #99
Proposed federal toll regulation opposed, failed biofuels policy, CBO report on highway PPPs, decline in vehicle miles traveled
January 13, 2012
- California 2014 High Speed Rail Business Plan Is Off Track (3/6)
- The Intentionally Unrealistic FY2015 Budget (3/4)
- Shallal's Top-Down Plan for D.C. Schools Hurts Parent Choice (3/3)
- Richmond CARES? (3/2)
- Government Could Improve the Development of Vehicle to Vehicle Communication by Getting Out of the Way (2/27)
Republicans may be unpopular, but Democrats also lose as a record number of Americans identify as political independents.
The tax agency has a history of use as a bludgeon against enemies of sitting administrations and the IRS itself.
Can a quasi-judicial agency impose fines without first taking property owners to court?
Missing out on the newest Newsletters? Keep track using our RSS feed, and you'll never skip a beat.