Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Surface Transportation Innovations Newsletter
Reason Foundation's Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter examines and analyzes the latest news on traffic congestion solutions, road funding and infrastructure investement, toll lanes, transit and more.
If you would like to receive the Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter via email, please send an email with your contact information to Robert Poole, Reason's director of transportation studies.
Reason Foundation Transportation E-News
- Surface Transportation Innovations #98
When a toll becomes a tax, TIFIA expansion, transportation and GHGs, NTSB report on "curbside" buses, perspectives on "marine highways"
December 15, 2011
- Surface Transportation Innovations #97
Reauthorization and Interstate tolling, BRT without exclusive lanes, Senate's TIFIA proposal, I-85 HOT lanes succeeding
November 28, 2011
- Surface Transportation Innovations #96
Value-added tolling and Interstates, saving the Highway Trust Fund, HOV lane paradox, urban congestion in the US vs. overseas
October 25, 2011
- Surface Transportation Innovations #95
Interstate tolling debate heats up, large tunnels moving forward, National Infrastructure Bank's last gasp, feasability of I-90 truck tollway
September 26, 2011
- Surface Transportation Innovations # 94
Truck-only lanes, buses versus Amtrak, creating rail jobs and CAFÉ standards
August 18, 2011
- Surface Transportation Innovations # 93
Performance-based transportation program, mileage-based user fees for trucks, privatizing Amtrak's Northeast Corridor, leasing toll roads
July 26, 2011
- Surface Transportation Innovations # 92
New report shows BRT advantages, managed lanes pricing, ports and waterways in reauthorization, "inter-operable" electronic tolling
June 10, 2011
- Surface Transportation Innovations # 91
Assessing infrastructure bank proposals, more states opting for PPPs, risk transfer and toll concessions, electric car dreams
May 23, 2011
- Surface Transportation Innovations #90
Interstate tolling, high-speed rail in the Northeast corridor and highway rest areas
April 7, 2011
- Surface Transportation Innovations #89
Federalism and reauthorization, transportation and oil dependence, cutting GHGs via smart growth
March 17, 2011
- Surface Transportation Innovations #88
A dissent on the transportation budget proposal, Pew report on GHG reductions, further thoughts on high-speed rail, do more jobs justify infrastructure investment?
February 22, 2011
- Surface Transportation Innovations # 87
Elections impact on federal transportation policy, rethinking ports and waterways funding, emission-reducing highways
January 25, 2011
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)
Congressman Justin Amash discusses libertarian foreign policy, Austrian economics, civil liberties, abortion, and more.
No dissenter can ever rest assured he is safe from the arbitrary power of the IRS.
An audit of the agency’s behavior unearths disturbing new information.
So-called "ag gag" laws unconstitutionally target farm whistleblowers. Two recent decisions have dealt a serious blow to these laws.
Missing out on the newest Newsletters? Keep track using our RSS feed, and you'll never skip a beat.