Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Surface Transportation Innovations Newsletter
Reason Foundation's Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter examines and analyzes the latest news on traffic congestion solutions, road funding and infrastructure investement, toll lanes, transit and more.
If you would like to receive the Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter via email, please send an email with your contact information to Robert Poole, Reason's director of transportation studies.
- Surface Transportation Innovations # 86
HOT lanes proliferating nationwide, electric vehicles, transit and greenhouse gas reduction
December 15, 2010
- Surface Transportation Innovations # 85
High-Speed Rail's Obstacles, HOT Network in DC, New Urban Tunnels Proposed
November 15, 2010
- Surface Transportation Innovations #84
Questioning travel time index
October 24, 2010
- Surface Transportation Innovations #83
Value pricing, heavy trucks and buses vs. high-speed rail
September 17, 2010
- Surface Transportation Innovations #82
Rethinking the Highway Trust Fund, High Speed Rail and Development, Density and GHG Reduction
August 4, 2010
- Surface Transportation Innovations #81
Truck-only toll lanes, freight rail vs. high speed rail, and managed lanes for the Midwest
July 1, 2010
- Surface Transportation Innovations #80
Rethinking carpool lanes and bus transit, congestion and CO2, and DOT's strategic plan
June 30, 2010
- Surface Transportation Innovations #79
US DOT's strategic plan, expanding highway capacity, private funding for rail and more
May 13, 2010
- Surface Transportation Innovations #78
Highway reauthorization bill and transferring risk in toll road deals
April 30, 2010
- Surface Transportation Innovations #77
Tolling Interstates? Greenhouse gas reduction and transportation, highway bottlenecks
March 29, 2010
- Surface Transportation Innovations #76
Infrastructure funding, monorails, city congestion data
February 28, 2010
- Surface Transportation Innovations #75
Issue No. 75, January 2010
January 27, 2010
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges--Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
But it’s up to politicians and voters to fight for reforms
Is it really a bad idea to oppose lobbing Tomahawk missiles at people?
Contrary to "conventional wisdom," health insurance—private or otherwise—does not make health care more affordable.
Education myths can be pervasive and costly.
Missing out on the newest Newsletters? Keep track using our RSS feed, and you'll never skip a beat.