Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Surface Transportation Innovations Newsletter
Reason Foundation's Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter examines and analyzes the latest news on traffic congestion solutions, road funding and infrastructure investement, toll lanes, transit and more.
If you would like to receive the Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter via email, please send an email with your contact information to Robert Poole, Reason's director of transportation studies.
- Surface Transportation Innovations #74
Road pricing and capacity expansion, congestion relief, private activity bonds
December 10, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #73
Progress converting carpool lanes into toll lanes, vehicle miles traveled and the economy, and phasing out gas taxes
November 13, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #72
A federal toll czar, funding transit as social infrastructure and reducing vehicle miles traveled
October 13, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #71
Growth and gridlock, transportation policy and greenhouse gas reduction
September 18, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #70
How should highway funds be spent? Mixing transportation and greenhouse gas policies
August 12, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #69
Cash-for-clunkers, CO2 and transportation and transit capital costs
July 16, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #68
Performance-based transportation, targeting vehicle miles traveled, Obama and the Beach Boys
June 11, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #67
Topics include: bills to curtail toll road PPPs; caution on economic impact studies; carbon caps; tunnels to somewhere; buses vs. inter-city rail; and other news.
May 15, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #66
Topics include: protecting the public interest in public-private partnership toll road deals; fresh thinking on highway design; role for tolling ; automating HOT lanes enforcement; greenhouse gas regulation; and other news.
April 9, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #65
Topics include: VMT charge vs. VMT tax; PPPs and the stimulus; public sector comparator models; inter-city high-speed rail; California's new PPP legislation; and other news.
March 6, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #64
Topics include:Bridges to Somewhere; The "Foreign Companies" Issue; Infrastructure Report Card; Sidewalks and Bikeways; Truck Toll Lanes;
February 1, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #63
Topics include: the stimulus bill and PPPs; transit investment; Texas commission charting course for PPPs; getting rid of cash tolling; fixing America's bridges; and other news.
January 1, 2009
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges--Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
Is it really a bad idea to oppose lobbing Tomahawk missiles at people?
Contrary to "conventional wisdom," health insurance—private or otherwise—does not make health care more affordable.
Education myths can be pervasive and costly.
Excessive nationalism threatens the country's potential.
Missing out on the newest Newsletters? Keep track using our RSS feed, and you'll never skip a beat.