Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Surface Transportation Innovations Newsletter
Reason Foundation's Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter examines and analyzes the latest news on traffic congestion solutions, road funding and infrastructure investement, toll lanes, transit and more.
If you would like to receive the Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter via email, please send an email with your contact information to Robert Poole, Reason's director of transportation studies.
Reason Foundation Transportation E-News
- Surface Transportation Innovations #74
Road pricing and capacity expansion, congestion relief, private activity bonds
December 10, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #73
Progress converting carpool lanes into toll lanes, vehicle miles traveled and the economy, and phasing out gas taxes
November 13, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #72
A federal toll czar, funding transit as social infrastructure and reducing vehicle miles traveled
October 13, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #71
Growth and gridlock, transportation policy and greenhouse gas reduction
September 18, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #70
How should highway funds be spent? Mixing transportation and greenhouse gas policies
August 12, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #69
Cash-for-clunkers, CO2 and transportation and transit capital costs
July 16, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #68
Performance-based transportation, targeting vehicle miles traveled, Obama and the Beach Boys
June 11, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #67
Topics include: bills to curtail toll road PPPs; caution on economic impact studies; carbon caps; tunnels to somewhere; buses vs. inter-city rail; and other news.
May 15, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #66
Topics include: protecting the public interest in public-private partnership toll road deals; fresh thinking on highway design; role for tolling ; automating HOT lanes enforcement; greenhouse gas regulation; and other news.
April 9, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #65
Topics include: VMT charge vs. VMT tax; PPPs and the stimulus; public sector comparator models; inter-city high-speed rail; California's new PPP legislation; and other news.
March 6, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #64
Topics include:Bridges to Somewhere; The "Foreign Companies" Issue; Infrastructure Report Card; Sidewalks and Bikeways; Truck Toll Lanes;
February 1, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #63
Topics include: the stimulus bill and PPPs; transit investment; Texas commission charting course for PPPs; getting rid of cash tolling; fixing America's bridges; and other news.
January 1, 2009
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)
When it comes to infringing on personal liberty, Ann Coulter is just as bad as her lefty enemies.
It's a utopian goal requiring excessive compulsion in the pursuit of unattainable perfection.
The case of Fox's James Rosen.
The author of The Da Vinci Code has a new tale to tell.
Missing out on the newest Newsletters? Keep track using our RSS feed, and you'll never skip a beat.