Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Surface Transportation Innovations Newsletter
Reason Foundation's Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter examines and analyzes the latest news on traffic congestion solutions, road funding and infrastructure investement, toll lanes, transit and more.
If you would like to receive the Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter via email, please send an email with your contact information to Robert Poole, Reason's director of transportation studies.
- Surface Transportation Innovations #74
Road pricing and capacity expansion, congestion relief, private activity bonds
December 10, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #73
Progress converting carpool lanes into toll lanes, vehicle miles traveled and the economy, and phasing out gas taxes
November 13, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #72
A federal toll czar, funding transit as social infrastructure and reducing vehicle miles traveled
October 13, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #71
Growth and gridlock, transportation policy and greenhouse gas reduction
September 18, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #70
How should highway funds be spent? Mixing transportation and greenhouse gas policies
August 12, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #69
Cash-for-clunkers, CO2 and transportation and transit capital costs
July 16, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #68
Performance-based transportation, targeting vehicle miles traveled, Obama and the Beach Boys
June 11, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #67
Topics include: bills to curtail toll road PPPs; caution on economic impact studies; carbon caps; tunnels to somewhere; buses vs. inter-city rail; and other news.
May 15, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #66
Topics include: protecting the public interest in public-private partnership toll road deals; fresh thinking on highway design; role for tolling ; automating HOT lanes enforcement; greenhouse gas regulation; and other news.
April 9, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #65
Topics include: VMT charge vs. VMT tax; PPPs and the stimulus; public sector comparator models; inter-city high-speed rail; California's new PPP legislation; and other news.
March 6, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #64
Topics include:Bridges to Somewhere; The "Foreign Companies" Issue; Infrastructure Report Card; Sidewalks and Bikeways; Truck Toll Lanes;
February 1, 2009
- Surface Transportation Innovations #63
Topics include: the stimulus bill and PPPs; transit investment; Texas commission charting course for PPPs; getting rid of cash tolling; fixing America's bridges; and other news.
January 1, 2009
- California 2014 High Speed Rail Business Plan Is Off Track (3/6)
- The Intentionally Unrealistic FY2015 Budget (3/4)
- Shallal's Top-Down Plan for D.C. Schools Hurts Parent Choice (3/3)
- Richmond CARES? (3/2)
- Government Could Improve the Development of Vehicle to Vehicle Communication by Getting Out of the Way (2/27)
In Washington, many politicians assume the world revolves around us. The people in Moscow think it revolves around them.
The mayor has a vendetta against charter-school leader and former political rival Eva Moskowitz.
Rather than arguing over who can discriminate or why, look at what goods and services actually need government protection through public accommodation laws.
The question is whether President Obama has the backbone to withstand the pressure to “get tougher” with Russia.
The U.S. and Europe are in no position to resist the Russian invasion of Ukraine, nor should they.
Missing out on the newest Newsletters? Keep track using our RSS feed, and you'll never skip a beat.