Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Surface Transportation Innovations Newsletter
Reason Foundation's Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter examines and analyzes the latest news on traffic congestion solutions, road funding and infrastructure investement, toll lanes, transit and more.
If you would like to receive the Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter via email, please send an email with your contact information to Robert Poole, Reason's director of transportation studies.
Reason Foundation Transportation E-News
- Surface Transportation Innovations #27
Topics include: telecommuting's cost-effectiveness; congestion and regional economies; PPPs for transport infrastructure; guidelines for state PPP legislation; and other news.
November 1, 2005
- Surface Transportation Innovations #26
Topics include: Reason's new Virtual Exclusive Busways study; Hudson's disappointing surface transportation report; design-build success stories; truck congestion pricing in L.A.; and other news.
September 1, 2005
- Surface Transportation Innovations #25
Topics include: Atlanta's look at innovative truck toll lanes; paying for better commutes; financial community bullishness on tolling; and transportation network vulnerability.
August 1, 2005
- Surface Transportation Innovations #24
Topics include: HOV/HOT lanes safety; affordable transponders; S&P's report on public-private partnerships; public support for toll lanes; and traffic signal timing.
June 1, 2005
- Surface Transportation Innovations #23
Topics include: paying for new lane construction out of toll revenue; the continued decline of car-pooling; tolling existing free lanes; incident-related congestion; and inaccuracies in rail and road traffic forecasting.
May 1, 2005
- Surface Transportation Innovations #22
Topics include: how congestion harms urban economies; trucking re-regulation in Congress; HOV enforcement; and other breaking news stories.
April 1, 2005
- Surface Transportation Innovations #21
Topics include: the need for tolls and public-private partnerships in California; tolling/pricing provisions in the federal transportation bill; building electronic toll collection into vehicles; new data on federal subsidies by transportation mode; and o
February 1, 2005
- Surface Transportation Innovations #20
Topics include: DOT's recent report on public-private partnerships in transportation; getting the Feds out of transportation funding; second thoughts on shadow tolling; fixing California
January 1, 2005
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)
Missing out on the newest Newsletters? Keep track using our RSS feed, and you'll never skip a beat.