Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Surface Transportation Innovations Newsletter
Reason Foundation's Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter examines and analyzes the latest news on traffic congestion solutions, road funding and infrastructure investement, toll lanes, transit and more.
If you would like to receive the Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter via email, please send an email with your contact information to Robert Poole, Reason's director of transportation studies.
- Surface Transportation Innovations #12
Topics include: transit's actual effect on congestion, Deloitte's new report on road pricing, new data on sprawl and commuting, best toll truckway corridors, and other breaking news stories.
November 1, 2003
- Surface Transportation Innovations #11
Topics include: the potential of FAST lanes, Texas' congestion reduction plans, TRB committee on future of fuel taxes, ULEVs in HOT lanes, and other features.
September 1, 2003
- Surface Transportation Innovations #10
Topics include: replacing the gas tax, megaproject megaflops, highways and growth, and making new tolls permanent.
July 1, 2003
- Surface Transportation Innovations #9
Topics include: the social welfare impact of HOT lanes, the emerging consensus for priced lanes in reauthorization, Battelle on innovative contracting, and a new approach for toll-road financing.
June 1, 2003
- Surface Transportation Innovations #8
Topics include: outsourcing highway maintenance, PPI's report on reauthorization, a first look at DOT's draft reauthorization bill, and HOT networks speaking engagements.
April 1, 2003
- Surface Transportation Innovations #7
Topics include: Reason's new HOT networks study, the HOT networks news conference in Washington, DC, and media coverage of Reason's HOT networks report.
February 1, 2003
- Surface Transportation Innovations #6
Topics include: using tolls and PPP for a major Interstate reconstruction, an impressive report on road pricing's future, Reason at the TRB Annual Meeting, and rethinking the Midstate Tollway.
January 1, 2003
- California 2014 High Speed Rail Business Plan Is Off Track (3/6)
- The Intentionally Unrealistic FY2015 Budget (3/4)
- Shallal's Top-Down Plan for D.C. Schools Hurts Parent Choice (3/3)
- Richmond CARES? (3/2)
- Government Could Improve the Development of Vehicle to Vehicle Communication by Getting Out of the Way (2/27)
Barack Obama and John Kerry might be just wrong
We vilify leisure yet embrace labor-saving devices.
How government regulators tried to kill the skin & ink trade.
Missing out on the newest Newsletters? Keep track using our RSS feed, and you'll never skip a beat.