Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Surface Transportation Innovations Newsletter
Reason Foundation's Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter examines and analyzes the latest news on traffic congestion solutions, road funding and infrastructure investement, toll lanes, transit and more.
If you would like to receive the Surface Transportation Innovations newsletter via email, please send an email with your contact information to Robert Poole, Reason's director of transportation studies.
Reason Foundation Transportation E-News
- Surface Transportation Innovations #12
Topics include: transit's actual effect on congestion, Deloitte's new report on road pricing, new data on sprawl and commuting, best toll truckway corridors, and other breaking news stories.
November 1, 2003
- Surface Transportation Innovations #11
Topics include: the potential of FAST lanes, Texas' congestion reduction plans, TRB committee on future of fuel taxes, ULEVs in HOT lanes, and other features.
September 1, 2003
- Surface Transportation Innovations #10
Topics include: replacing the gas tax, megaproject megaflops, highways and growth, and making new tolls permanent.
July 1, 2003
- Surface Transportation Innovations #9
Topics include: the social welfare impact of HOT lanes, the emerging consensus for priced lanes in reauthorization, Battelle on innovative contracting, and a new approach for toll-road financing.
June 1, 2003
- Surface Transportation Innovations #8
Topics include: outsourcing highway maintenance, PPI's report on reauthorization, a first look at DOT's draft reauthorization bill, and HOT networks speaking engagements.
April 1, 2003
- Surface Transportation Innovations #7
Topics include: Reason's new HOT networks study, the HOT networks news conference in Washington, DC, and media coverage of Reason's HOT networks report.
February 1, 2003
- Surface Transportation Innovations #6
Topics include: using tolls and PPP for a major Interstate reconstruction, an impressive report on road pricing's future, Reason at the TRB Annual Meeting, and rethinking the Midstate Tollway.
January 1, 2003
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)
The bipartisan abuse of recess appointments flouts the Constitution's checks and balances.
Government and Bitcoin businesses both think more regulation of the private digital money is inevitable.
Missing out on the newest Newsletters? Keep track using our RSS feed, and you'll never skip a beat.