Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter
By Robert Poole
Reason Foundation's Air Traffic Control Newsletter examines and analyzes the latest air traffic news and developments.
If you would like to receive the monthly Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter via email, please send an email with your contact information to the newsletter's author, Robert Poole, Reason's director of transportation studies.
Reason's Air Traffic Control research and commentary is available here.
- Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter #68
NextGen, banning laptops in cockpits, increasing air traffic capacity and future transportation policy
November 23, 2009
- Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter #67
Radar, the FAA and airlines, user fees
October 23, 2009
- Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter #66
Air traffic controller fatigue, business jets and NextGen
September 18, 2009
- Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter #65
O'Hare delays, controller fatigue and micro-managing NextGen
August 6, 2009
- Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter #64
Air traffic control modernization and cost-effectiveness, misinformation on user fees
June 22, 2009
- Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter #63
Topics include: GPS backup getting more attention; ATC user fees redux; steps toward "virtual towers;" ATC modernization progress in Europe; and other news.
May 26, 2009
- Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter #62
Topics include: slower ATC growth; new NextGen focus on mid-term; tough sledding for EU ATC providers; Wake Vortex progress; air safety in Canada; and other news.
April 27, 2009
- Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter #61
Topics include: repairing the image of business jets; controller training; Europe's ATC integration; Gingrich on NextGen; Loran; and other news.
March 25, 2009
- Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter #60
Topics include: satellite navigation and airport capacity; Aviation Trust Fund revenue; controller training; Who constitutes “the airlines”?; radar vs. wind farms; and other news.
February 27, 2009
- Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter #59
Topics include: the ATO governance problem; GAO on ATO progress; governance at Nav Canada; getting NextGen off the ground; and other news
January 1, 2009
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)
- The Search for a National Freight Policy (12/2)
- More Boasts from California Contractor Regulators For Wasting Time and Money (11/29)
- Massachusetts State and Municipal Retiree Systems Costly, Underfunded (11/29)
- Innovators in Action (November 2013 edition): Pursuing Fiscal Self-Reliance in Utah (11/27)
Addressing who can own guns, where they can carry them, and whether they can transported to a second home.
Could American businesses learn from foreign ones a lesson in self-reliance?
Missing out on the newest Newsletters? Keep track using our RSS feed, and you'll never skip a beat.