Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Taxing Illegal Drugs: How States Dabble in Drugs and Why They Shouldn't
Policy Study 357
For around $8.00, you can get a gram of marijuana most places in the United States. Most of this is profit. It's not necessary to be a dealer in order to get a piece of the potpie; in fact, 21 states are already carving themselves a slice.
This Study's Materials
- Full Study, PDF, 1.1 MB
- It’s Time to Let the Wind Energy PTC Expire (12/12)
- What to Make of Struggling P3 Toll Roads (12/12)
- Alaska Governor Proposes $3 Billion Towards Paying Down Pension Debts (12/12)
- Baltimore City School District Has Come a Long Way since 2007, but There's Still Work to Be Done (12/11)
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges—Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)