Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Taxing Illegal Drugs: How States Dabble in Drugs and Why They Shouldn't
Policy Study 357
For around $8.00, you can get a gram of marijuana most places in the United States. Most of this is profit. It's not necessary to be a dealer in order to get a piece of the potpie; in fact, 21 states are already carving themselves a slice.
This Study's Materials
- Full Study, PDF, 1.1 MB
- Reducing BAC from .08 to .05 Will Not Significantly Reduce Drunk Driving (5/24)
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient and Functionally Obsolete Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)