Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Taxing Illegal Drugs: How States Dabble in Drugs and Why They Shouldn't
Policy Study 357
For around $8.00, you can get a gram of marijuana most places in the United States. Most of this is profit. It's not necessary to be a dealer in order to get a piece of the potpie; in fact, 21 states are already carving themselves a slice.
This Study's Materials
- Full Study, PDF, 1.1 MB
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)
- The Search for a National Freight Policy (12/2)
- More Boasts from California Contractor Regulators For Wasting Time and Money (11/29)
- Massachusetts State and Municipal Retiree Systems Costly, Underfunded (11/29)
- Innovators in Action (November 2013 edition): Pursuing Fiscal Self-Reliance in Utah (11/27)