Governments at all levels—local, state, and federal—have found that contracting out the operation and maintenance of facilities can lead to innovations, greater productivity, and important cost savings. Facility management contracts are ubiquitous in government and can be applied in a variety of forms, from individual building maintenance and janitorial contracts to agency-wide facility maintenance management systems.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Building Maintenance and Management Outsourcing Opportunities
How San Diego and other cities can reduce the costs of facility management
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)