Reason Foundation joined several groups in filing a friend-of-the-court brief asking the Florida Supreme Court to uphold a state law that gives children attending failing public schools opportunity scholarships that allow them to transfer to higher-performing private or parochial schools. The brief states, "Nothing in Florida’s constitution prevents the state from reaching out to the underprivileged, largely minority families who are the disproportionate victims of substandard educational opportunities by providing them with publicly funded scholarships that enable them to choose among a wide variety of public and nonpublic, religious and nonreligious alternatives."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Foundation Brief Urges Florida Supreme Court to Save School Choice
- Amicus Brief, PDF, 287.8 KB
- California 2014 High Speed Rail Business Plan Is Off Track (3/6)
- The Intentionally Unrealistic FY2015 Budget (3/4)
- Shallal's Top-Down Plan for D.C. Schools Hurts Parent Choice (3/3)
- Richmond CARES? (3/2)
- Government Could Improve the Development of Vehicle to Vehicle Communication by Getting Out of the Way (2/27)