The City of Norwood, Ohio, is demolishing private property and handing the land over to developers in hopes of increasing tax revenues. In a brief filed with the Ohio Supreme Court, Reason urges the Court to protect homeowners and small businesses, arguing that the city's dubious claim that the neighborhood is "deteriorating" is an abuse of power that could put nearly every neighborhood at risk.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Foundation Amicus Brief Calls on Ohio Supreme Court to Protect State's Homeowners
- Amicus Brief, PDF, 99.3 KB
- How Pension Reform Can Help the City of Omaha (7/21)
- Endangered Species and the Export-Import Bank (7/17)
- Reason Foundation Submits Letter to U.S. Sentencing Commission Supporting "Drugs Minus Two" Retroactivity (7/11)
- An Analysis of Transportation Policy and MAP-21 Reauthorization with Bob Poole (7/10)
- I-285/GA 400 Interchange Reconstruction Needed (7/8)