The City of Norwood, Ohio, is demolishing private property and handing the land over to developers in hopes of increasing tax revenues. In a brief filed with the Ohio Supreme Court, Reason urges the Court to protect homeowners and small businesses, arguing that the city's dubious claim that the neighborhood is "deteriorating" is an abuse of power that could put nearly every neighborhood at risk.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Foundation Amicus Brief Calls on Ohio Supreme Court to Protect State's Homeowners
- Amicus Brief, PDF, 99.3 KB
- California 2014 High Speed Rail Business Plan Is Off Track (3/6)
- The Intentionally Unrealistic FY2015 Budget (3/4)
- Shallal's Top-Down Plan for D.C. Schools Hurts Parent Choice (3/3)
- Richmond CARES? (3/2)
- Government Could Improve the Development of Vehicle to Vehicle Communication by Getting Out of the Way (2/27)