In the wake of the Supreme Court's Kelo vs. New London decision, state and local governments are taking action to restrict the use of eminent domain for economic development purposes. To assist elected officials in these efforts, Reason Foundation has made available a variety of tools that can serve as a starting point toward eminent domain reform. Based upon the Institute for Justice's model eminent domain legislation, these documents offer sample legislation and resolutions to curb eminent domain abuse, while also allowing public-private partnerships to thrive.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Restricting Eminent Domain
Model State Statutory Language & Local Ordinance/Charter Provision
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)