In the wake of the Supreme Court's Kelo vs. New London decision, state and local governments are taking action to restrict the use of eminent domain for economic development purposes. To assist elected officials in these efforts, Reason Foundation has made available a variety of tools that can serve as a starting point toward eminent domain reform. Based upon the Institute for Justice's model eminent domain legislation, these documents offer sample legislation and resolutions to curb eminent domain abuse, while also allowing public-private partnerships to thrive.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Restricting Eminent Domain
Model State Statutory Language & Local Ordinance/Charter Provision
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)