Governments at all levels—local, state, and federal—have found that contracting out the operation and maintenance of facilities can lead to innovations, greater productivity, and important cost savings. Facility management contracts are ubiquitous in government and can be applied in a variety of forms, from individual building maintenance and janitorial contracts to agency-wide facility maintenance management systems.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Building Maintenance and Management Outsourcing Opportunities
How San Diego and other cities can reduce the costs of facility management
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)