Governments at all levels—local, state, and federal—have found that contracting out the operation and maintenance of facilities can lead to innovations, greater productivity, and important cost savings. Facility management contracts are ubiquitous in government and can be applied in a variety of forms, from individual building maintenance and janitorial contracts to agency-wide facility maintenance management systems.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Building Maintenance and Management Outsourcing Opportunities
How San Diego and other cities can reduce the costs of facility management
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)