Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Weekend 2009
Location: Orlando, Florida (Map)
- April 16 - 19, 2009
Preliminary Agenda (.pdf)
Outstanding speakers, stimulating conversations, and a world-class hotel—Reason Weekend 2009 is already shaping up to be an exciting weekend, and you will want to be there!
Please join us April 16-19 at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando, one of the world’s most sought-after travel destinations. You’ll enjoy some of the libertarian community’s most interesting speakers, including Fox News Channel's Greg Gutfeld, Harvard's Jeffrey Miron, Reason Foundation Founder Robert Poole and many more.
Experience the charm and warmth of the Italian Riviera at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, which is located a short water-taxi ride away from the theme parks and nightlife of Universal Orlando. This beautifully designed hotel is reminiscent of the bayside resort of Portofino, with lush Italian gardens, winding cobblestone streets, and sidewalk shops and cafes tucked into quiet corners. And bring the whole family--guests of the hotel receive Front of the Line access to crowded thrill rides at Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure. Visit the Portofino Bay’s website to find out more about this unique property.
Reason Weekend is an annual event open to members of Reason’s exclusive Torchbearer Society. To find out how your support of free minds and free minds can qualify you for membership, please visit www.reason.org/donate.
- John Blundell
- Director General
- Institute for Economic Affairs
- Topic(s): Understanding Margaret Thatcher
- Randall Kroszner
- Former Federal Reserve Board Governor and now Professor
- University of Chicago
- Topic(s): Dinner Speaker
- Robert Poole
- Reason Foundation
- Topic(s): Infrastructure Spending
- Jeffrey Miron
- Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Harvard University
- Topic(s): Don't Blame Free Markets for Economic Mess
- Jason Riley
- Senior Editorial Page Writer
- The Wall Street Journal
- Topic(s): Assimilation: Is the Melting Pot Cracked?
- Greg Gutfeld
- Host of Red Eye
- Fox News Channel
- Topic(s): Lunch Speaker
Registration for this event is closed. Join us next year!
- Throwing Money at Bridges Will Not Fix the Problem (6/17)
- High-Speed Rail is a Luxury the U.S. Cannot Afford (6/11)
- A Labor Market Mired in Historical Lows is an Unhealthy Labor Market (6/7)
- Sasha Volokh on the Implications of the Louisiana Supreme Court Voucher Ruling (6/5)
- 77 percent of Californians Support Jerry Brown's School Funding Plan: Here Are Three Big Ideas to Make it Better (6/4)
Latest From Reason
Supporters defend subsidies for federally operated exchanges, even though the law only allows them through the states
We've simply become accustomed to older, more ingrained abuses.
The country's progressive laws mask a broader institutional failure
Obama paints himself into a Syrian quagmire.