Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Weekend 2009
Location: Orlando, Florida (Map)
- April 16 - 19, 2009
Preliminary Agenda (.pdf)
Outstanding speakers, stimulating conversations, and a world-class hotel—Reason Weekend 2009 is already shaping up to be an exciting weekend, and you will want to be there!
Please join us April 16-19 at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando, one of the world’s most sought-after travel destinations. You’ll enjoy some of the libertarian community’s most interesting speakers, including Fox News Channel's Greg Gutfeld, Harvard's Jeffrey Miron, Reason Foundation Founder Robert Poole and many more.
Experience the charm and warmth of the Italian Riviera at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, which is located a short water-taxi ride away from the theme parks and nightlife of Universal Orlando. This beautifully designed hotel is reminiscent of the bayside resort of Portofino, with lush Italian gardens, winding cobblestone streets, and sidewalk shops and cafes tucked into quiet corners. And bring the whole family--guests of the hotel receive Front of the Line access to crowded thrill rides at Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure. Visit the Portofino Bay’s website to find out more about this unique property.
Reason Weekend is an annual event open to members of Reason’s exclusive Torchbearer Society. To find out how your support of free minds and free minds can qualify you for membership, please visit www.reason.org/donate.
- John Blundell
- Director General
- Institute for Economic Affairs
- Topic(s): Understanding Margaret Thatcher
- Randall Kroszner
- Former Federal Reserve Board Governor and now Professor
- University of Chicago
- Topic(s): Dinner Speaker
- Robert Poole
- Reason Foundation
- Topic(s): Infrastructure Spending
- Jeffrey Miron
- Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Harvard University
- Topic(s): Don't Blame Free Markets for Economic Mess
- Jason Riley
- Senior Editorial Page Writer
- The Wall Street Journal
- Topic(s): Assimilation: Is the Melting Pot Cracked?
- Greg Gutfeld
- Host of Red Eye
- Fox News Channel
- Topic(s): Lunch Speaker
Registration for this event is closed. Join us next year!
- Union Negotiations in West Coast Ports Threaten the National Economy (7/25)
- Streetcars are the Wrong Way to go on Columbia Pike (7/24)
- Poll Shows Voters Support State-based Sage Grouse Conservation (7/24)
- Lucy Burns Institute Launches Policypedia (7/22)
- How to Structure a Good Defined Contribution Plan (7/22)
Latest From Reason
If teachers believe they aren't making what they're worth, let's free them from union constraints and let them find out what the job market has to offer.
Researchers develop a powerful new tool to manage wild ecosystems.
They like one-sided research. They don't like that this research paints them as cheap.