Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Reason Weekend 2009
Location: Orlando, Florida (Map)
- April 16 - 19, 2009
Preliminary Agenda (.pdf)
Outstanding speakers, stimulating conversations, and a world-class hotel—Reason Weekend 2009 is already shaping up to be an exciting weekend, and you will want to be there!
Please join us April 16-19 at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando, one of the world’s most sought-after travel destinations. You’ll enjoy some of the libertarian community’s most interesting speakers, including Fox News Channel's Greg Gutfeld, Harvard's Jeffrey Miron, Reason Foundation Founder Robert Poole and many more.
Experience the charm and warmth of the Italian Riviera at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, which is located a short water-taxi ride away from the theme parks and nightlife of Universal Orlando. This beautifully designed hotel is reminiscent of the bayside resort of Portofino, with lush Italian gardens, winding cobblestone streets, and sidewalk shops and cafes tucked into quiet corners. And bring the whole family--guests of the hotel receive Front of the Line access to crowded thrill rides at Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure. Visit the Portofino Bay’s website to find out more about this unique property.
Reason Weekend is an annual event open to members of Reason’s exclusive Torchbearer Society. To find out how your support of free minds and free minds can qualify you for membership, please visit www.reason.org/donate.
- John Blundell
- Director General
- Institute for Economic Affairs
- Topic(s): Understanding Margaret Thatcher
- Randall Kroszner
- Former Federal Reserve Board Governor and now Professor
- University of Chicago
- Topic(s): Dinner Speaker
- Robert Poole
- Reason Foundation
- Topic(s): Infrastructure Spending
- Jeffrey Miron
- Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Harvard University
- Topic(s): Don't Blame Free Markets for Economic Mess
- Jason Riley
- Senior Editorial Page Writer
- The Wall Street Journal
- Topic(s): Assimilation: Is the Melting Pot Cracked?
- Greg Gutfeld
- Host of Red Eye
- Fox News Channel
- Topic(s): Lunch Speaker
Registration for this event is closed. Join us next year!
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)
Latest From Reason
Philip K. Howard, "The Rule of Nobody," and how technocracy is strangling the future.
The stark fact is that Ukraine is not a place over which the U.S. and NATO should be ready to go to war, and nothing short of going to war will change its fate.
Intelligence analyst William Binney's revelations preceded Edward Snowden's by more than decade. Why didn't anyone listen?
U.S. hawks aren't telling the full story about Iran's agenda.