Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Privatization Strategy Workshop: Advancing State and Local Privatization Policy in Your State
Location: Amelia Island, FL
- November 13, 2012
Tuesday, November 13, 1pm – 5pm
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, FL
Hosted by Reason Foundation
“Of all the nation’s conservative or free-market policy groups, it may be…Reason Foundation…that ends up having the most direct impact on the actual functioning of government.” - The Wall Street Journal
Privatization of government services encourages competition, demands accountability for performance, and cuts the cost of service delivery while maintaining or improving quality. Yet despite an overall track record of success, there are many in government who are unaware of the benefits of privatization. This lack of knowledge is compounded by anti-globalization, anti-private sector, and anti-capitalist sentiment, which makes the need for education about the benefits of privatization even more urgent.
For over 40 years, Reason Foundation has been providing research and commentary on privatization as well as hands-on assistance for state and local policymakers in planning and implementing privatization. By articulating best practices through research and media, identifying new opportunities for innovative privatization strategies, and working directly with elected officials to implement our ideas on a range of issues from transportation to prisons to parks to foster care, Reason takes a comprehensive approach to reform.
The Reason team has put together a half-day seminar about the opportunities to reduce the size and scope of government at the state and local level through work on privatization. Along with representatives from other think tanks who work in this area and privatization practitioners, they will review the tools that they use to support policymakers who have an interest in privatization.
Attendance is free of charge, but please RSVP to Mary.Toledo@reason.org or (310)391-2245.
- Angele Davis Kelley, president, The Davis Kelley Group, LLC and former Chief Financial Advisor and Chief Administrative Officer to Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
- Benita Dodd, vice president, Georgia Public Policy Foundation
- Renee Finley, Office of Public Private Partnerships, City of Jacksonville, FL
- Leonard Gilroy, director of government reform, Reason
- Harris Kenny, policy analyst, Reason
- Warren Meyer, president, Recreation Resource Management
- Adrian Moore, vice president, policy, Reason
- Julian Morris, vice president, research, Reason
- Oliver Porter, former chairman, Sandy Springs (GA) Charter Commission
To register, contact Mary Toledo at Mary.Toledo@reason.org or (310)391-2245.
- California 2014 High Speed Rail Business Plan Is Off Track (3/6)
- The Intentionally Unrealistic FY2015 Budget (3/4)
- Shallal's Top-Down Plan for D.C. Schools Hurts Parent Choice (3/3)
- Richmond CARES? (3/2)
- Government Could Improve the Development of Vehicle to Vehicle Communication by Getting Out of the Way (2/27)
Latest From Reason
At CPAC, Republican rising stars chased an agenda, and electoral victory.
Edward Snowden isn't the first to expose a covert, unconstitutional war against the American people.
Just because they don't get college degrees, doesn't make them failures
Amish vs. the Courts: Family Speaks Out on Fleeing the U.S. to Save Daughter from Court-Mandated Chemo
Free speech on campus continues (mostly) to win in court, but higher education still attacks.