Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Bastiat Prize Dinner
Location: New York, NY
- November 8, 2012
The Bastiat Prize Awards Dinner will be held November 8, 2012 at The Princeton Club in New York City. Join Reason, economist and commentator Walter E. Williams, and Fox News Senior Judicial Analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano for the presentation of the eleventh annual Bastiat Prize for Journalism.
In the enduring spirit of Frédéric Bastiat’s brilliant work, the Bastiat Prize is given to writers who educate readers by employing Bastiat’s simple, eloquent and witty explanations of complex economic ideas, combined with a clear understanding of markets and their underlying institutions. 2012 is the first year that Reason is associated with the Prize, which was established in 2002 by International Policy Network.
This event is SOLD OUT. For information about the waiting list, contact Cynthia Bell at email@example.com or at (202) 986-0916.
This event has SOLD OUT.
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
Latest From Reason
Senate testimony explains the difference between good austerity and bad.
When it comes to infringing on personal liberty, Ann Coulter is just as bad as her lefty enemies.
It's a utopian goal requiring excessive compulsion in the pursuit of unattainable perfection.
The case of Fox's James Rosen.