A new report from the Legislative Analysts Office in California recommends that the state park system use privatization to cope with budget cuts. It provides good general analysis and recommendations that apply to park and recreation systems nationwide.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Privatizing state park functions
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)