Some people want to live in a city with power, clean water and schools. Others just want free Internet access. Reason's Ted Balaker on New Orleans' plan to lure businesses to town by becoming the first "big city to own and operate a wireless Internet system that will be free to users."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New at Reason.org
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)