Some people want to live in a city with power, clean water and schools. Others just want free Internet access. Reason's Ted Balaker on New Orleans' plan to lure businesses to town by becoming the first "big city to own and operate a wireless Internet system that will be free to users."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
New at Reason.org
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges--Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)