Reason magazine's Jacob Sullum notes that "prosecutions of adults for possessing an ounce or less of marijuana dropped by a fifth in Denver last year, following the passage of a November 2007 ballot initiative that instructed city officials to make such cases their "lowest law enforcement priority."
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Marijuana Arrests Fall in Denver After Ballot Initiative
- Throwing Money at Bridges Will Not Fix the Problem (6/17)
- High-Speed Rail is a Luxury the U.S. Cannot Afford (6/11)
- A Labor Market Mired in Historical Lows is an Unhealthy Labor Market (6/7)
- Sasha Volokh on the Implications of the Louisiana Supreme Court Voucher Ruling (6/5)
- 77 percent of Californians Support Jerry Brown's School Funding Plan: Here Are Three Big Ideas to Make it Better (6/4)