USPS is already collapsing under its own weight, and it's only got mail services on its plate. If they pile on banking services, perhaps taxpayers can look forward to bailing them out twice in the future then.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Limping U.S. Postal Service Wants to Start a Banking Business?
- Reducing BAC from .08 to .05 Will Not Significantly Reduce Drunk Driving (5/24)
- I-5 Bridge Collapses; Washington State Ranked 34th In Making Progress on Deficient and Functionally Obsolete Bridges (5/23)
- Reason's Len Gilroy Talks TVA Privatization, Annual Privatization Report on Heartland Institute Podcast (5/23)
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)