USPS is already collapsing under its own weight, and it's only got mail services on its plate. If they pile on banking services, perhaps taxpayers can look forward to bailing them out twice in the future then.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Limping U.S. Postal Service Wants to Start a Banking Business?
- How to Avoid Closing Washington State Parks (5/17)
- Give Managed Lane Conversions Time (5/16)
- Why is the CDC Being Anti-Science on State Liquor Privatization? (5/14)
- Louisiana Republicans Introduce Bills to Replicate Massachusetts's Pro-Union, Anti-Privatization “Pacheco Law” (5/9)
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)