USPS is already collapsing under its own weight, and it's only got mail services on its plate. If they pile on banking services, perhaps taxpayers can look forward to bailing them out twice in the future then.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Limping U.S. Postal Service Wants to Start a Banking Business?
- Baltimore City School District Has Come a Long Way since 2007, but There's Still Work to Be Done (12/11)
- Mileage Based User Fees or Road Usage Charges—Some Thoughtful Commentary (12/9)
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)