States are always trying to spend more on education. Recently, however, there has been a push to distinguish education spending between instructional and support -- and identify savings in the support side to drive more money into the classroom. The so called 65% solution has been introduced in a number of states, including Virginia.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Getting More Money in the Classroom
- Human Rights Watch Exposes Injustice of Plea Bargains and Mandatory Minimums (12/6)
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)