States are always trying to spend more on education. Recently, however, there has been a push to distinguish education spending between instructional and support -- and identify savings in the support side to drive more money into the classroom. The so called 65% solution has been introduced in a number of states, including Virginia.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Getting More Money in the Classroom
- The Magical Effects of Pre-K (4/8)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Sasha Volokh on Pension Protection and the Detroit Bankruptcy (4/2)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #5 (Mar 2014 edition) (4/1)