Mayor Richard Daley said he would halt all street repaving projects by city employees and assign their work to private contractors because he is "sick and tired" of public corruption. The move heightened fears that the mayor would use the corruption scandal as a pretext for slashing the city payroll.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Chicago to Privatize Paving
- Southwest Struggles As Legacy Airlines Establish Solid Business Models (12/6)
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)
- The Search for a National Freight Policy (12/2)