Well, not directly. But one consequence of making airport security more ridiculous and intrusive is more people will choose to drive instead, and more driving means more acidents, injuries and deaths. This segment on CNBC does a nice job discussing it with my friend economist Steve Horwitz and Cliff Winston from Brookings.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
TSA Pat Downs Kill
- Texas Families Show Strong Demand for More School Choice (12/5)
- TSA Behavior Detection Blasted by GAO (12/5)
- Privatization & Government Reform Newsletter #2 (Dec 2013 edition) (12/3)
- The Search for a National Freight Policy (12/2)
- More Boasts from California Contractor Regulators For Wasting Time and Money (11/29)