On Tuesday, Warren County commissioners decided to turn down federal stimulus money, arguing the funds would be wastefully spent on expanding its rural transit system. The decision created a bit of a debate in Ohio, and radio talk shows have picked up on the controversy. Hear County Commissioner Mike Kilburn explain the decision to radio talk show host Brian Wilson on Toledo radio station WSPD 1370 in an on-air interview here.
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Ohio County's Rejection of Stimulus Money Stirs Debate
- Throwing Money at Bridges Will Not Fix the Problem (6/17)
- High-Speed Rail is a Luxury the U.S. Cannot Afford (6/11)
- A Labor Market Mired in Historical Lows is an Unhealthy Labor Market (6/7)
- Sasha Volokh on the Implications of the Louisiana Supreme Court Voucher Ruling (6/5)
- 77 percent of Californians Support Jerry Brown's School Funding Plan: Here Are Three Big Ideas to Make it Better (6/4)