- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Adrian Moore, Ph.D., is vice president of policy at Reason Foundation, a non-profit think tank advancing free minds and free markets. Moore leads Reason's policy implementation efforts and conducts his own research on topics such as privatization, government and regulatory reform, air quality, transportation and urban growth, prisons and utilities.
Moore, who has testified before Congress on several occasions, regularly advises federal, state and local officials on ways to streamline government and reduce costs.
In 2008 and 2009, Moore served on Congress' National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission. The commission offered "specific recommendations for increasing investment in transportation infrastructure while at the same time moving the Federal Government away from reliance on motor fuel taxes toward more direct fees charged to transportation infrastructure users." Since 2009 he has served on California's Public Infrastructure Advisory Commission.
Mr. Moore is co-author of the book Mobility First: A New Vision for Transportation in a Globally Competitive 21st Century (Rowman & Littlefield, 2008). Texas Gov. Rick Perry said, "Speaking from our experiences in Texas, Sam Staley and Adrian Moore get it right in Mobility First." World Bank urban planner Alain Bartaud called it "a must read for urban managers of large cities in the United States and around the world."
Moore is also co-author of Curb Rights: A Foundation for Free Enterprise in Urban Transit, published in 1997 by the Brookings Institution Press, as well as dozens of policy studies. His work has been published in the Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Houston Chronicle, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Orange County Register, as well as in, Public Policy and Management, Transportation Research Part A, Urban Affairs Review, Economic Affairs, and numerous other publications.
In 2002, Moore was awarded a World Outsourcing Achievement Award by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Michael F. Corbett & Associates Ltd. for his work showing governments how to use public-private partnerships and the private sector to save taxpayer money and improve the efficiency of their agencies.
Prior to joining Reason, Moore served 10 years in the Army on active duty and reserves. As an noncommissioned officer he was accepted to Officers Candidate School and commissioned as an Infantry officer. He served in posts in the United States and Germany and left the military as a Captain after commanding a Heavy Material Supply company.
Mr. Moore earned a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of California, Irvine. He holds a Master's in Economics from the University of California, Irvine and a Master's in History from California State University, Chico.
- CA HSR Failure a No Brainer in FL
January 4, 2012, 8:05pm
- Impacts of Transportation Policies on Greenhouse Gas Emissions in U.S. Regions
Comparing the cost and effectiveness transportation-related policies aimed at reducing CO2 emissions
David T. Hartgen, M. Gregory Fields and Adrian Moore
November 30, 2011
- Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions From Automobiles
Examining technological and compact development strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Wendell Cox and Adrian Moore
November 29, 2011
- Are You in Chicago and Like Small Government?
October 25, 2011, 2:42pm
- Strange Planet: Amtrak Commercial Success Used to Fight Privatization
October 15, 2011, 9:32pm
- In Memory of Bob Galvin
October 13, 2011, 6:46pm
- In Memory of Bob Galvin
The longtime Motorola CEO had a vision for improving our lives and mobility
October 13, 2011
- Survey Shows Path to Entitlement Reform
October 12, 2011, 11:49am
- Will Golden State's Malaise Play Out For the Whole Nation?
October 11, 2011, 1:51pm
- California Budget Sham Already Falling Apart
September 27, 2011, 12:40pm
- Reforming Regulations
September 26, 2011, 9:32pm
- 'Buffet Rule' to Soak the Rich Hasn't Worked in CA
September 25, 2011, 7:29pm
- Over 4,000 Lawmakers Rip Us Off With Outrageous Pensions
September 24, 2011, 6:23pm
- More CA High-Speed Rail Arrogance
September 16, 2011, 5:43pm
- Sec. LaHood Invincibly Ignorant on CA High Speed Rail
September 16, 2011, 12:54pm
- Some Perspective on Perry and Texas Jobs and Taxes
August 23, 2011, 2:44pm
- It Failed in Japan, So Let's Try It Here!
August 23, 2011, 2:13pm
- Public-Private Partnerships Can Improve Corrections, Safety
Dominic M. Calabro and Adrian Moore
April 27, 2011
- 7th Annual US P3 Infrastructure Forum
March 25, 2011, 12:05pm
- Hey Congress! There are Consequences Down the Road
March 22, 2011, 11:33am
- Hybrid Cars are Great, But Conventional Vehicles are Catching Up
March 14, 2011, 8:27am
- A Cause of Health Care Costs You Rarely Hear About
March 13, 2011, 5:58pm
- A Realistic Look at U.S. Debt Projections
March 3, 2011, 11:44am
- Will HSR Even Work in the Northeast Corridor?
March 1, 2011, 10:56pm
- Obama Raises Stakes on High Speed Rail
February 8, 2011, 7:59pm
- Got a Better Government Idea? It Could Win $10,000!
February 8, 2011, 7:53pm
- CA High Speed Rail Costs up Over 50 Percent
February 8, 2011, 1:25pm
- Implementing Partnerships in California
January 11, 2011, 11:49pm
- Don't Believe Promises to Cut Government Debt
January 11, 2011, 10:27am
- Brown's Budget Cut Plans Emerge
January 4, 2011, 11:46pm
- Corrections 2.0: A Proposal to Create a Continuum of Care in Corrections through Public-Private Partnerships
Improving performance and reducing recidivism through PPPs
Leonard Gilroy and Adrian Moore
January 3, 2011
- Will Airports Punt TSA?
January 2, 2011, 6:48pm
- Over a Billion Dollars for 48 Minutes?!
December 31, 2010, 7:20pm
- Gasp! I Have No Words . . .
December 31, 2010, 3:49pm
- Tech Neanderthals as Regulators?
December 29, 2010, 11:57am
- Top 10 Reasons Business Is Leaving California
December 27, 2010, 5:04pm
- Piling On For Sanity in Airport Security?
December 27, 2010, 2:17pm
- What is a Libertarian?
December 15, 2010, 6:01pm
- Libertarians Have Smaller Buts Than Rs and Ds
December 3, 2010, 7:47am
- Israeli air security experts insist their methods better than U.S.
November 27, 2010, 11:33pm
- It's Not About NO Airport Security, but BETTER Airport Security
November 27, 2010, 6:06pm
- TSA Pat Downs Kill
November 24, 2010, 12:48pm
- Veteran's Day, Heavyweight Champs, and Foggy Wars
November 11, 2010, 3:45pm
- Pension Reform Victory in California
November 3, 2010, 11:06am
- CA Ballot Proposition Results--First Cut
November 3, 2010, 12:06am
- How Do Solve a Problem Like California
November 2, 2010, 11:34pm
- CA Can't Even Manage Election Results Web Page
November 2, 2010, 11:27pm
- Feingold Flames Out
November 2, 2010, 10:57pm
- Wisconsin's New Governor a Crackerjack
November 2, 2010, 10:46pm
- Pelosi--Hope Springs Eternal, Clueless Edition
November 2, 2010, 10:39pm
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Web site.