- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Shikha Dalmia is a senior policy analyst at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets.
Dalmia is a Bloomberg View contributor, a columnist at the Washington Examiner, and writes regularly for Reason magazine. She is also a frequent contributor to the op-ed pages of The Wall Street Journal and numerous other publications such as the Los Angeles Times, New York Post, The Weekly Standard, Business Week, San Francisco Chronicle, and the Chicago Tribune. She previously served as a columnist for Forbes.
Dalmia was co-winner of the first 2009 Bastiat Prize for Online Journalism for her columns in Forbes and Reason.
From 1996 to 2004, Dalmia was as an award-winning editorial writer at the Detroit News, covering a variety of policy issues, including the environment, immigration, Social Security, welfare reform, health care and foreign policy. She also worked as a reporter for the Patriot, a national daily newspaper based in New Delhi, India, where she grew up and earned her B.S. degree in chemistry and biology from the University of Delhi.
Dalmia frequenlty appears on Fox Business Network and other television and radio outlets.
Dalmia, who taught news writing courses at Michigan State University, earned a Master's degree in mass communication from Louisiana State University. She also holds a post graduate diploma in journalism from the Indian Institute of Mass Communications.
She lives in the Detroit area with her husband and son.
- Two Cheers for American Tolerance
The Ground Zero mosque controversy shows that America manages its hatreds better than others
August 17, 2010
- Bid Adios to the Anti-Global Warming Movement
Now that Harry Reid has abandoned cap-and-trade, the movement has no ideas left.
August 2, 2010
- Obama’s Immigration Distraction
Even immigrants are shunning America’s sputtering economy
July 13, 2010
- Don't Nationalize BP
Big Government is no cure for the failure of Big Oil
June 29, 2010
- Chinese Environmentalism: Prestige Over People?
Why China needs democracy to consolidate its environmental gains.
June 15, 2010
- France's Phony Secularism
Secularists should leave Muslim women and their clothes alone
May 25, 2010
- The Bogus Constitutional Arguments of Arizona's Ultra-Restrictionists
States can't write their own immigration laws
May 11, 2010
- Arizona's Un-American Immigration Law
How the state's harsh new law undermines American exceptionalism
May 5, 2010
- India's Government by Quota
The affirmative-action plan to eliminate caste discrimination was supposed to last 10 years. Instead it has become a permanent, and divisive, fact of life.
May 4, 2010
- GM's Phony Bailout Payback
The company is setting the stage for another taxpayer shakedown
April 27, 2010
- Don't Let Obama Touch Immigration Reform
The leading proposal will curtail liberties without making life better for immigrants.
April 13, 2010
- Don't Let President Obama Get Near Immigration Reform
April 7, 2010, 12:30pm
- Non-Violent Resistance to ObamaCare
March 26, 2010, 11:36am
- How to Oppose ObamaCare
What critics of the president's health care plan can learn from Gandhi's methods of nonviolent resistance
March 26, 2010
- Dr. Obama's Idea of Change
March 22, 2010, 10:41am
- The ObamaCare Quagmire
Launching an optional war against the American health care system will sink the Democratic Party
March 12, 2010
- ObamaCare's Other Nemesis: Undocumented Workers
March 11, 2010, 8:53pm
- Busting the Well-Endowed
It's time to cut federal funding for the arts
Shikha Dalmia and Harris Kenny
March 4, 2010
- Kill the Endowments
February 26, 2010, 2:48pm
- A Bipartisan Solution to ObamaCare
Why Republicans should call their own summit
February 26, 2010
- The ObamaCare Summit and the Republican Response
February 25, 2010, 10:06am
- The Fable of Market Meritocracy
Markets don't reward smart people. They reward value.
February 12, 2010
- Do Smart People Make Markets Tick?
February 11, 2010, 11:49am
- Republicans: Take The Reins
Democrats botched health care reform. Now is your chance to turn it around.
January 27, 2010
- How is the Bay State's Experiment with Universal Coverage Working Out?
January 18, 2010, 6:31pm
- ObamaCare: First They Came for the Undocumented Aliens!
January 18, 2010, 5:40pm
- The Lou Dobbs Option
The Senate health care bill's anti-undocumented-immigrant provisions ought to be deal-breakers for civil libertarians
Shikha Dalmia and Harris Kenny
January 15, 2010
- Beware Of The ObamaCare Revolution
If the bill passes next month, the U.S. health care system will face chronic political warfare
January 13, 2010
- ObamaCare: The Immortal Revolution
January 13, 2010, 10:28am
- No "A" on Health Care for Obama
January 12, 2010, 9:07am
- The Left Wakes Up to the Evils of the Individual Mandate -- Finally!
December 17, 2009, 10:50am
- ReidCare’s Mandate Will Raise Health Care Costs for Poor
Plan chooses ideology over humanity
December 16, 2009
- The ReidCare Debacle
December 16, 2009, 10:59am
- Founders Against ObamaCare
December 11, 2009, 3:38pm
- "The Public Option is Dead. Long Live the Public Option."
December 10, 2009, 11:25am
- Clive Crook's ClimateGate Smack-Down
December 9, 2009, 10:52pm
- Cringing Over Climategate
A major scandal was exposed. So why won't Obama acknowledge it?
December 4, 2009
- Emissions Cuts Would Cost India Dearly
The poor can't afford a big tax on energy usage, or a return to the License Raj of times past
December 4, 2009
- Will India Capitulate at Copenhagen?
December 2, 2009, 7:25pm
- Climategate: Needed, Some Shame!
December 2, 2009, 7:05pm
- Medical Innovation in Obama Land?
November 23, 2009, 2:43pm
- When will ObamaCare go into Cardiac Arrest?
November 23, 2009, 11:39am
- Reading the ObamaCare Tea Leaves
November 22, 2009, 10:57am
- Globalization With a Human Face
Jagdish Bhagwati on the trouble with protectionism, how to deal with climate change, and why NAFTA was bad for free trade.
November 18, 2009
- How Republicans can Kill ObamaCare
November 18, 2009, 1:21pm
- That Darn Mandate
Will Americans be forced to buy health insurance?
November 18, 2009
- Universal Coverage: A Big Feast for Big Pharma
November 12, 2009, 9:34pm
- Dave Bing's Last-Second Shot
Can the former Piston star save Detroit?
November 10, 2009
- Where Ayn Rand Went Wrong
She ignored a part of human nature
November 4, 2009
- Re-Examining Rand
November 4, 2009, 3:16pm
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Web site.