- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Ted Balaker is a writer and producer at Reason.tv where he creates documentary shorts, Drew Carey Project pieces, and comedic videos.
In 2008, Reason.tv received the Templeton Freedom Award for innovative media, and Business Week recognized Balaker’s “Where’s My Bailout” video as among the best of bailout humor. Balaker’s work has been cited or featured by Salon.com, The Wall Street Journal, MSNBC, Fox News Channel, and on the 20/20 John Stossel special “Bailouts and Bull,” a joint project between ABC News and Reason.tv.
Balaker is also a policy analyst at Reason Foundation where he has authored studies on urban policy and workplace issues, such as offshore outsourcing and telecommuting. His work has appeared in dozens of publications, including Investor’s Business Daily, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, and Washington Post. He has appeared on many radio and television programs, including ABC World News Tonight, CBS Evening News, and CNBC’s On the Money.
Balaker is co-author (with Sam Staley) of the book The Road More Traveled (Rowman & Littlefield, 2006), which urban historian Joel Kotkin suggests “should be required reading, not only for planners and their students, but for anyone who loves cities and wants them to thrive.”
Prior to joining Reason, Balaker spent five years as a producer at ABC Network News.
Balaker graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of California, Irvine with degrees in political science and English.
- The masses vs. mass transit
January 1, 2007, 10:02am
- Make your city a ìrealî cityójust add rail
December 21, 2006, 10:54am
- Not so Golden
December 20, 2006, 4:57pm
- If things are so great, why do I feel so lousy? Part III
December 12, 2006, 6:49pm
- Feel safe?
December 12, 2006, 4:08pm
- Whatís one trip per day worth?
December 11, 2006, 4:41pm
- Suburban style evolution: Mall Edition
December 11, 2006, 11:35am
- Big Milk vs. Little Competitor
December 10, 2006, 2:25pm
- Glamour boy mayors
December 10, 2006, 10:12am
- Tangible bias
December 10, 2006, 10:07am
- Making Peace with Outsourcing
December 5, 2006, 2:29pm
- Congested BusinessóMetro New York Edition
December 5, 2006, 10:07am
- Nationwide survey: Motorists prefer tolls to taxes
December 5, 2006, 9:55am
- What happened to Lou?
December 3, 2006, 7:03pm
- Whatís Mexico to do?
December 3, 2006, 6:57pm
- Crowding out compassion
December 3, 2006, 6:54pm
- When economists agree
November 30, 2006, 9:54am
- LoCal Big Box Ban
November 29, 2006, 6:24pm
- Sound familiar?
November 28, 2006, 3:11pm
- Do we care about expert opinion?
November 27, 2006, 7:15pm
- "I'd like to do more, but my problem is I have to go all over the city ÖIt's very tough because of my schedule."
November 19, 2006, 5:36pm
- Back to the mainland
November 19, 2006, 5:05pm
- Are you a fat cat?
November 19, 2006, 4:28pm
- Donít jack up that gas tax
November 15, 2006, 6:38pm
- Why Bush Is Right to Resist Raising the Gas Tax
Economists overwhelmingly support pricing and tolls
November 15, 2006
- Before pulling the lever for a min wage hike
November 6, 2006, 10:03am
- Whoís putting in long hours?
November 6, 2006, 9:46am
- Nothing Wrong with CEOs Making Top Dollar
Executive pay grows in step with companies' values
November 6, 2006
- Down on democracy?
November 5, 2006, 11:25am
- Prop 1B Might Make Things Worse
Southern California needs toll roads and transportation reform
November 3, 2006
- A PBS special for Professor Clark?
November 2, 2006, 6:46pm
- Hey, thanks for that, Bruce
November 2, 2006, 4:53pm
- Not my America
November 2, 2006, 9:50am
- Media FYI
November 1, 2006, 3:32pm
- Not being productive? Maybe a nap is what you need
November 1, 2006, 12:52pm
- Which way, LA?
October 26, 2006, 8:25am
- Party Train Hits Denver
October 24, 2006, 7:04pm
- LP candidate: ìMore of these boobs, and less of these boobsî
October 24, 2006, 12:27pm
- California's Transportation Bond Won't Build Roads
Prop. 1B phony fix for L.A. road needs
October 24, 2006
- Sprawl still doesnít cause obesity
October 23, 2006, 1:22pm
- Go see Saw IIIóand do it for the children
October 23, 2006, 11:08am
- Is something better than nothing?
October 23, 2006, 10:53am
- Grading the Govs
October 19, 2006, 3:49pm
- You know how those Latinos are
October 19, 2006, 3:39pm
- Everybody wants to
October 19, 2006, 3:25pm
- Sure we want to help the poor, but Ö
October 19, 2006, 1:58pm
- Talk of selling water system in Detroit
October 12, 2006, 10:41am
- ìJust take their keys!î
October 10, 2006, 6:45pm
- Would you believe $51,828 per pupil?
October 10, 2006, 6:35pm
- Even GOP economists want higher gas taxes?
October 10, 2006, 12:30pm
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email email@example.com if you have questions about this Web site.