- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Steven Titch is a policy analyst at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets.
Titch's work primarily focuses on telecommunications, the Internet and new media. He is a former managing editor of InfoTech & Telecom News (IT&T News) published by the Heartland Institute. His columns have appeared in Investor's Business Daily, Total Telecom, and America's Network, among others.
Prior to joining Reason in 2004, Titch covered the telecommunications industry as a journalist for more than two decades. Titch was director of editorial projects for Data Communications magazine where he directed content development for supplemental publications and special projects. He has also held the positions of editorial director of Telephony, editor of Global Telephony magazine, Midwest bureau chief of CommunicationsWeek, and associate editor-communications at Electronic News.
Outside of the telecom industry, Titch does rich media and content development for publishers and corporate marketing groups. He has also developed and launched his own web-based media, including SecuritySquared.com, an on-line resource for the security industry.
Titch graduated cum laude from Syracuse University with a dual degree in journalism and English.
- Spectrum allocation: Time to get on with it
April 17, 2013, 2:14pm
- Four Unintended Consequences of Misapplied Privacy Regulation
March 28, 2013, 1:51pm
- Six principles for successful Internet gambling regulation
November 13, 2012, 12:38pm
- The Troubling Persistence of Policy Clichés
August 21, 2012, 5:08pm
- Obama's Flawed Cybersecurity Strategy
August 15, 2012, 9:46am
- Facebook Tests the Waters of ’Net Gambling
August 7, 2012, 4:23pm
- Users Experience Symptoms of the Spectrum Crunch
August 7, 2012, 1:06pm
- PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, the U.S. Attorney and What Just Happened
August 2, 2012, 2:44pm
- Defending Limits on State Tax Powers
July 31, 2012, 6:26pm
- About that Online Sales Tax 'Loophole'
July 23, 2012, 3:30pm
- DoJ Chokes Wireless Broadband to “Save” Wireline
July 13, 2012, 3:58pm
- DirecTV's Viacom Gambit
July 12, 2012, 6:17pm
- Four Ways the Internet Changed Poker
June 29, 2012, 6:27pm
- The Future of Video? Beggar Thy Competitor
June 29, 2012, 10:48am
- COPPA, Facebook, and Users Under 13
June 28, 2012, 10:55am
- Yes, Anyone Can Be a Reporter
June 26, 2012, 8:33pm
- We Must Take UN’s Internet Grab Seriously
June 21, 2012, 5:06pm
- Five Reasons the DoJ’s Investigation of Data Caps is Misguided
June 20, 2012, 5:33pm
- Let Parent's Decide: What a Concept!
June 5, 2012, 2:05pm
- Lafayette Muni: Phone, Cable and Internet For Only $45,000 a Day
May 25, 2012, 2:55pm
- APR 2011: Universal Service, Spectrum Policy, Online Privacy and Internet Sales Taxes
May 1, 2012, 2:40pm
- Sales Taxes Aren't Killing Best Buy
April 13, 2012, 3:52pm
- The Risks of Misapplied Privacy Regulation
April 3, 2012, 3:15pm
- Some Clarity on the Spectrum Crunch
February 21, 2012, 3:40pm
- Some Perspective on the Path Mini Technopanic
February 17, 2012, 3:43pm
- Congress Reaches Compromise on Spectrum Auction
February 16, 2012, 2:43pm
- Misunderstanding 'Opt Out'
February 2, 2012, 2:15pm
- Freedom of Speech on the Internet is the 'Paramount Concern'
January 31, 2012, 12:19pm
- The Battle Over Spectrum Intensifies
January 31, 2012, 11:56am
- Muni Broadband: The Idea that Won't Die
January 30, 2012, 5:17pm
- Google Tests the Privacy Paradox
January 26, 2012, 3:43pm
- Is the Cost of Internet Piracy Overhyped?
January 24, 2012, 2:55pm
- Supreme Court Rules Police Need a Warrant to Track Your Car
January 23, 2012, 3:07pm
- The Virtual Jackboot
January 20, 2012, 2:55pm
- The SOPA Protest
January 18, 2012, 12:45pm
- Will the Web Make NC-17 Safe for Marketing?
January 5, 2012, 12:45pm
- Final Thoughts on the FCC-DoJ’s Debacle over AT&T
December 23, 2011, 11:10am
- Magical Thinking Triumphs at the FCC
November 28, 2011, 12:47pm
- How Players Police Online Gambling
November 15, 2011, 1:26pm
- Rethinking Telecom Regulation from the Ground Up
November 10, 2011, 12:59pm
- Twilight of the "Tech Liberal?"
October 24, 2011, 12:47pm
- Missouri Teachers Facebook Ban Still Awaits Sign-off
October 21, 2011, 1:38pm
- There's Wisdom in the Willingness to Back Down
October 13, 2011, 2:15pm
- Spectrum-or Lack of It-Remains the Problem with AT&T-T-Mobile
September 14, 2011, 4:46pm
- Can Any T-Mobile Buyer Pass an Antitrust Test?
September 12, 2011, 12:28pm
- Scott Cleland's Top 10 Flaws in DOJ's case against AT&T
September 1, 2011, 2:55pm
- AT&T-T-Mobile: I Guess Things Were Going Too Well
August 31, 2011, 1:24pm
- Wireless Changes the Universal Service Equation
August 29, 2011, 11:26am
- A Hale and Hearty Farewell to the Fairness Doctrine
August 24, 2011, 3:43pm
- Right Now, the Law’s on Amazon’s Side
August 9, 2011, 2:31pm
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Web site.