- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Shikha Dalmia is a senior policy analyst at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets.
Dalmia is a Bloomberg View contributor, a columnist at the Washington Examiner, and writes regularly for Reason magazine. She is also a frequent contributor to the op-ed pages of The Wall Street Journal and numerous other publications such as the Los Angeles Times, New York Post, The Weekly Standard, Business Week, San Francisco Chronicle, and the Chicago Tribune. She previously served as a columnist for Forbes.
Dalmia was co-winner of the first 2009 Bastiat Prize for Online Journalism for her columns in Forbes and Reason.
From 1996 to 2004, Dalmia was as an award-winning editorial writer at the Detroit News, covering a variety of policy issues, including the environment, immigration, Social Security, welfare reform, health care and foreign policy. She also worked as a reporter for the Patriot, a national daily newspaper based in New Delhi, India, where she grew up and earned her B.S. degree in chemistry and biology from the University of Delhi.
Dalmia frequenlty appears on Fox Business Network and other television and radio outlets.
Dalmia, who taught news writing courses at Michigan State University, earned a Master's degree in mass communication from Louisiana State University. She also holds a post graduate diploma in journalism from the Indian Institute of Mass Communications.
She lives in the Detroit area with her husband and son.
- Don't Let President Obama Get Near Immigration Reform
April 7, 2010, 12:30pm
- Non-Violent Resistance to ObamaCare
March 26, 2010, 11:36am
- Dr. Obama's Idea of Change
March 22, 2010, 10:41am
- ObamaCare's Other Nemesis: Undocumented Workers
March 11, 2010, 8:53pm
- Kill the Endowments
February 26, 2010, 2:48pm
- The ObamaCare Summit and the Republican Response
February 25, 2010, 10:06am
- Do Smart People Make Markets Tick?
February 11, 2010, 11:49am
- How is the Bay State's Experiment with Universal Coverage Working Out?
January 18, 2010, 6:31pm
- ObamaCare: First They Came for the Undocumented Aliens!
January 18, 2010, 5:40pm
- ObamaCare: The Immortal Revolution
January 13, 2010, 10:28am
- No "A" on Health Care for Obama
January 12, 2010, 9:07am
- The Left Wakes Up to the Evils of the Individual Mandate -- Finally!
December 17, 2009, 10:50am
- The ReidCare Debacle
December 16, 2009, 10:59am
- Founders Against ObamaCare
December 11, 2009, 3:38pm
- "The Public Option is Dead. Long Live the Public Option."
December 10, 2009, 11:25am
- Clive Crook's ClimateGate Smack-Down
December 9, 2009, 10:52pm
- Will India Capitulate at Copenhagen?
December 2, 2009, 7:25pm
- Climategate: Needed, Some Shame!
December 2, 2009, 7:05pm
- Medical Innovation in Obama Land?
November 23, 2009, 2:43pm
- When will ObamaCare go into Cardiac Arrest?
November 23, 2009, 11:39am
- Reading the ObamaCare Tea Leaves
November 22, 2009, 10:57am
- How Republicans can Kill ObamaCare
November 18, 2009, 1:21pm
- Universal Coverage: A Big Feast for Big Pharma
November 12, 2009, 9:34pm
- Re-Examining Rand
November 4, 2009, 3:16pm
- Singing the Motown Blues
September 21, 2009, 10:39pm
- That's a Lie, Mr. President
September 11, 2009, 10:28am
- BaucusCare = TaxoCare
September 9, 2009, 5:01pm
- Motown Comeback?
September 9, 2009, 12:42pm
- Moral of Michigan's Stimulus Story: Don't Give Subsidies to Hollywood Fat-Cats
September 4, 2009, 11:16am
- The French Patient
August 29, 2009, 12:28am
- Breaking the AMA Monopoly
August 26, 2009, 6:07pm
- Will ObamaCare Cure a Stupidity Epidemic in Rhode Island?
August 22, 2009, 10:26pm
- Obama's Heavenly Care
August 22, 2009, 12:45am
- Obama's Axis of Evil on Health Care
August 16, 2009, 11:02pm
- Obama's "Astro-Turf" Health Care Conversation
August 15, 2009, 9:35am
- Euthanizing Cars Won't Heal the Economy or the Planet
August 12, 2009, 1:02pm
- When Obama Speaks, "I Hear a Symphony"
August 8, 2009, 10:50am
- Sticker Shock Over ObamaCare: Part 2
August 6, 2009, 11:16pm
- Obama's Manufactured Indignation
August 5, 2009, 10:17pm
- America's Real Immigration Problem
August 4, 2009, 10:10pm
- America Doesn't Have a Free Market Health Care System
July 29, 2009, 4:47pm
- ObamaCare Explained
July 23, 2009, 10:21am
- Fun Taxes on Health Care
July 21, 2009, 6:35pm
- Third World to Obama: Global Warming is Your Problem
July 17, 2009, 9:35am
- Card Check's Evil Twin -- Binding Arbitration
July 12, 2009, 9:23pm
- Please Go To Bed, Dear Lawmakers
July 8, 2009, 1:23pm
- Who's the Real Health Care Radical?
July 7, 2009, 10:32am
- Union Against Union
July 2, 2009, 10:45pm
- Obama's Not-So-Noble Health Care Lies
July 1, 2009, 12:51pm
- Will the Climate Change Bill Cost Just a Postage Stamp?
June 29, 2009, 10:12am
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Web site.