- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Click Here for a High-Resolution Photo
Steven Titch served as a policy analyst at Reason Foundation from 2004 to 2013.
Titch's work primarily focused on telecommunications, the Internet and new media. He is a former managing editor of InfoTech & Telecom News (IT&T News) published by the Heartland Institute. His columns have appeared in Investor's Business Daily, Total Telecom, and America's Network, among others.
Prior to joining Reason in 2004, Titch covered the telecommunications industry as a journalist for more than two decades. Titch was director of editorial projects for Data Communications magazine where he directed content development for supplemental publications and special projects. He has also held the positions of editorial director of Telephony, editor of Global Telephony magazine, Midwest bureau chief of CommunicationsWeek, and associate editor-communications at Electronic News.
Outside of the telecom industry, Titch conducted rich media and content development for publishers and corporate marketing groups. He has also developed and launched his own web-based media, including SecuritySquared.com, an on-line resource for the security industry.
Titch graduated cum laude from Syracuse University with a dual degree in journalism and English.
- Anaheim vs. The Sacred Cow of Franchise Fees, Part II
May 8, 2006, 9:23am
- No Free Lunch on the Net
May 4, 2006, 2:14pm
- Whatís Good for the Goose Ainít Good for the Gander
May 3, 2006, 8:12pm
- Stevens-Inouye Proves a Big Disappointment
May 1, 2006, 2:18pm
- Free WiFi: You Get What You Pay For
April 23, 2006, 2:42pm
- Philadelphia City Councils postpones EarthLink vote
April 20, 2006, 8:20am
- Competition is better
April 19, 2006, 12:47pm
- Should we just scrap the FCC?
April 17, 2006, 2:23pm
- Anaheim vs. the Sacred Cow of Franchise Fees
April 17, 2006, 11:48am
- The Paradoxes of Public WiFi
April 16, 2006, 10:55am
- CERN Spikes Skype
March 28, 2006, 5:33pm
- Lucent and Alcatel in merger talks
March 26, 2006, 11:06am
- 'A Competitive Alternative is Critical'
March 22, 2006, 7:57am
- Video Franchise Reform as a Broadband Driver
March 20, 2006, 2:46pm
- Ciscoís statement on Net Neutrality
March 15, 2006, 1:37pm
- Stevens has doubts about net neutrality policy
March 14, 2006, 12:33pm
- Will Philadelphia Wireless Collapse of its own Weight?
March 12, 2006, 9:30am
- National Video Franchising Clears First Hurdle
March 8, 2006, 7:57am
- Bell System Redux? Not!
March 5, 2006, 11:23am
- What Price Free WiFi?
March 2, 2006, 12:46pm
- EarthLink finalizes Wireless Philadelphia deal
March 1, 2006, 11:30am
- Minneapolis returns to its senses
February 24, 2006, 12:00pm
- And so it begins againÖ
February 23, 2006, 7:10am
- With Friends Like TheseÖ
February 22, 2006, 10:10am
- Canadian University Bans WiFi as Health Risk
February 21, 2006, 1:59pm
- Limping in Lompoc
February 21, 2006, 11:25am
- More Subtle Shifts in Municipal Broadband
February 20, 2006, 8:32am
- CTIA: Muni Wireless is No Big Deal
February 15, 2006, 1:38pm
- The Dogma of Municipal WiFi
February 9, 2006, 10:49am
- Drowned-out WiFi
February 9, 2006, 8:30am
- E-mail with Postage Due
February 6, 2006, 9:41am
- More Non-News from Philadelphia
January 30, 2006, 6:14pm
- Broadband "market failure" myth takes another blow
January 26, 2006, 1:39pm
- A carrot, not a stick
January 24, 2006, 1:32pm
- A Municipal Wireless Snapshot
January 22, 2006, 2:16pm
- Municipal Wireless In Name Only
January 19, 2006, 8:50am
- Court deals Lafayette Fiber Plan a big setback
January 17, 2006, 8:19am
- Portland Floats $470-Million Muni Fiber Plan
January 12, 2006, 3:33pm
- Too Much of a Good Thing?
January 12, 2006, 9:48am
- All bits are not created equal
January 10, 2006, 6:40pm
- ëThere will ultimately need to be some commercial agreements establishedí
January 9, 2006, 2:50pm
- Testimony on Indiana Senate Bill 245
January 9, 2006, 6:57am
- Net Neutrality Debate to Pick Up Steam in 2006
January 5, 2006, 12:58pm
- Yes, Let There Be WiFi
January 4, 2006, 3:36pm
- The Case For Video Franchising Just Got More Difficult
January 3, 2006, 9:01am
- San Francisco takes municipal wireless to a whole new level
December 26, 2005, 10:26am
- BPL Takes Another Step
December 21, 2005, 10:16am
- Common-Sense Legislation for the Broadband Era
December 20, 2005, 8:32am
- 'One Piece of the Puzzle'
December 19, 2005, 7:58am
- Network Neutrality = Network Mediocrity
December 15, 2005, 7:31pm
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email email@example.com if you have questions about this Web site.